Fitness Heads: Anyone Ride a Bike to the Gym? Vol. Yay or Nay

gym is 2.7 miles away and im thinking about copping a cheap bike off craigslist to save gas and to get in some solid cardio

any other NTers do this? pros and cons? 

BOOM. instant warm up.

go. now.

just close this thread and get yourself the flingingest flaningest bike your little heart (and pockets) can afford 

Last edited:
2.7 miles is nothing. I would take a 1.5 hours ride to a boot camp class and then ride home afterwards. Do it!

I live alittle less than a mile from 24hr. Fitness, I always run/jog there.

Summer time, take my shirt off and get honked at by thirsty h***

Do push-ups or pull-ups at stop lights and witness cougars and teenie boppers get honked at from drivers behind them because the light turned green 20 seconds ago.

Used to do it all the time

about 1 full mile

If your about it.... You ride that bike on leg day too

I live alittle less than a mile from 24hr. Fitness, I always run/jog there.
Summer time, take my shirt off and get honked at by thirsty h***
Do push-ups or pull-ups at stop lights and witness cougars and teenie boppers get honked at from drivers behind them because the light turned green 20 seconds ago.

2m3mdf4.gif

Make sure to ride in the bike lanes!...Seriously thought do it. Can't hurt you only help you

my gym is 2.6 miles away with my bike route. essentially makes it a 12 minute warm-up + 12 minute cool-down. it's actually more convenient for me to bike cause i live in a beach town and the gym is literally a block away from the beach...that means no parking spots.

i drive on leg days though.

Last edited:
I recently started walking/jogging to the gym, less than a mile away. Should've done it sooner. It gives you a burst of energy once you enter the gym. If you don't shower and change your clothes there, your sweaty clothes dries and airs out the smell by the time you get home.

I was recently thinking of doing this... Id jog/run it, though.. instead of biking...

I will try it out next spring/summer... Its starting to get too cold/brisk for all that. Especially when u'd have to walk back home in the cold after ur initial run and workout..

Its a good idea though.. getting in ur cardio and just having to lift and then bounce...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom