FIXED GEARS

quick question..how do I join this fixie movement...without being labeled a trend $#+*+?

cause i've ready to invest in a bike (school's only 7 mins away by car) + i saw some kid hop on his bike when I was leaving my school, turned into my block, saw him ride past me
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

quick question..how do I join this fixie movement...without being labeled a trend %+@@*?

cause i've ready to invest in a bike (school's only 7 mins away by car) + i saw some kid hop on his bike when I was leaving my school, turned into my block, saw him ride past me
laugh.gif

just do you and don't worry about what other people think. A bike is more convenient in the city especially for short distances, I beat my roommate to soccer games all the time, with his little 3 series
laugh.gif

You don't have to ride a fixed gear, you could just get a single speed for the commute.

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

quick question..how do I join this fixie movement...without being labeled a trend $#+*+?

laugh.gif

People are always gonna hate, but if its something you want to do just do it. Don't let other people sway you from what you want to do.

hipster
laugh.gif

what are some good tires that anybody would recommend. Does the rear tire need to be thicker or anything like that because of the skidding?

I like gatorskins and randos, depending on what kind of riding im doing. Randos can feel a bit sluggish...

not fixed but my new bike. bars have since been tilted down more, and pedals replaced with time atac.
4380907862_5f474bcba9_o.jpg

roadie looks good H+s and all.
I want a roadie, but just dont see myself spending a lot on it anytime soon.

Sweet ride rolli.
glasses.gif

Following the theme of stepping a lil bit away from fixed, my new wheelset

Edge 45 laced wit CXrays
4391411946_1e91ff604d_b.jpg

Tune180 rear hubs on the same red background in rolli's post, lol
4390644405_6075fdaabe_b.jpg

Super minimalist but indestructible Alchemy ELF
4390645035_8283172487_b.jpg

14ky1zc.jpg

sorry for the blurry pics.  I'm making progress. Just need to get my bottom bracket and crank installed.  Then get new bars, stem, and front brake installed and i'll be good to go.
oj2yy8.jpg

can't really see it but it's an incognito chris king headset.

thanks!
here's another video from a trick comp last weekend in St. Pete. It was lame because everyone had 30 seconds to do w.e as opposed to a trick jam. W.e, he still won first place. He can do a hell of a lot more than what's in these vids... but look out, in a few months ill have a full video of all his ill stuff.

Fabian Garcia from j. a. on Vimeo.

he's getting damn good. Miami's finest.
pimp.gif

Nice bikes!
I dont ride any fixie any more but I used to have a Fuji Track bike now I ride my D6 Full Carbon bike

d6fuji.jpg

d2fuji2.jpg

From last week's race
d6fuji3.png

My Cross Country IronHorse
50274510.jpg

Back
Top Bottom