Flannel..'timeless' but a bad look on hipsters and hype-beasts (my opinion)

Originally Posted by ittakesalittlebitmore

Originally Posted by F A Y B A N

Originally Posted by DangerousG

Originally Posted by gatorad3

I remember I used to wear flannels sometimes throughout high school 2003-07. Ppl asked me whyd I wear those
THIS. OP is speaking to these people, because you know these are the EXACT dudes that ARE wearing flannel right now. Dudes that just follow whatever trend is popular right now and then move on to the next when  something new comes along.

I'll agree with OP, those kinds of people have no fashion sense whatsoever. OP just getting attacked because he called out maybe 60% of NT's population
grin.gif
laugh.gif
Yeah right.  Dude was trying to put some perceived lames in their place but now he's trying to couch it as some discussion on the history and merits of flannel.  And it's funny that somebody who said flannel is trendy just mentioned Red Wings, because that's part of the uniform, so stop fronting like you're original.
For your information (if you're referrring to me) some people have been wearing Red Wings for more than just 1-2 years.
Personally I'm a little obsessed with American vintage not just now but ALWAYS, such as Levis, Pendleton, Carhartt, Filson especially, Woolrich etc, some Polo and other US brands/Army surplus.

There is nothing wrong with flannels inherently. These days it is a trend amongst certin people that its a must hav for the season in horrific colourways. Lame to me but thats good for them. For me its comfortable and warm on those cold days seeing as I live in cold country...

I'm a little older than you son....so please do your homework before you open a big uneducated mouth about someone you dont know.
laugh.gif
And that's the inherent flaw with this whole thread.  How exactly can one distinguish a trend hopper from an American vintage "connoiseour" such as yourself?  You can't, so stop trying to judge people and grow up.

Originally Posted by ittakesalittlebitmore

Originally Posted by DangerousG

Originally Posted by gatorad3

I remember I used to wear flannels sometimes throughout high school 2003-07. Ppl asked me whyd I wear those
THIS. OP is speaking to these people, because you know these are the EXACT dudes that ARE wearing flannel right now. Dudes that just follow whatever trend is popular right now and then move on to the next when  something new comes along.

I'll agree with OP, those kinds of people have no fashion sense whatsoever. OP just getting attacked because he called out maybe 60% of NT's population
grin.gif
laugh.gif
Yeah right.  Dude was trying to put some perceived lames in their place but now he's trying to couch it as some discussion on the history and merits of flannel.  And it's funny that somebody who said flannel is trendy just mentioned Red Wings, because that's part of the uniform, so stop fronting like you're original.
For your information (if you're referrring to me) some people have been wearing Red Wings for more than just 1-2 years.
Personally I'm a little obsessed with American vintage not just now but ALWAYS, such as Levis, Pendleton, Carhartt, Filson especially, Woolrich etc, some Polo and other US brands/Army surplus.

There is nothing wrong with flannels inherently. These days it is a trend amongst certin people that its a must hav for the season in horrific colourways. Lame to me but thats good for them. For me its comfortable and warm on those cold days seeing as I live in cold country...

I'm a little older than you son....so please do your homework before you open a big uneducated mouth about someone you dont know.
laugh.gif
And that's the inherent flaw with this whole thread.  How exactly can one distinguish a trend hopper from an American vintage "connoiseour" such as yourself?  You can't, so stop trying to judge people and grow up.

You distinguish a trend hopper from an American vintage "connoiseour" because the latter is not clad in a fuchsia plaid-flannel with a neon-green undefeated cap and some flip-flops.
ALSO: Why are you bringing originality into this ? Nothing under the sun is new, but authenticity is more the issue. This issue has obviously struck a nerve with in you. If there is something you want to work out, were here for you; it's just as important as these "I need girl help" threads.

yo what is a good site for coppin flannels FOR CHEAP
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

i didn't read through this whole thread so don't flame me if one was posted awready

Originally Posted by minnetrapolis

yo what is a good site for coppin flannels FOR CHEAP
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

i didn't read through this whole thread so don't flame me if one was posted awready

legit flannel? its cheap as hell. target has it.

that plaid designer stuff? h&m.

Originally Posted by dunkaruu

Originally Posted by PaidNHalf

OP why you worried about another mans clothing? So you saying I should return the 200 dollar bape flannel I just copped?

Nah, doggie. If it makes you happy, it makes you happy. It may not be my cup of tea, but some people like fur coats and others think they are tacky, even if they are expensive. 
So why the hell did you make this post?
You know damn well you wanted to get a reaction from it.

Originally Posted by Wackamega

You see what you've done to yourself? You posted such an immature topic such as this, then even when you "modded" it, it only became worse. OP, you don't decide if a person is decent or not if they wear plaid or anything for that matter. The whole we off that just came across so lame. You screamed lameness and possibly a sign of you being abused by somebody who wore plaid. Now we can help you if that is the case, but just know you cant come here with ignorant statements and expect to get away with it. In this forum of people, some of us are actually smart enough to murk your statements with a simple rebuttal. Case closed bro.
QFT

Originally Posted by its stanley

Originally Posted by Wackamega

You see what you've done to yourself? You posted such an immature topic such as this, then even when you "modded" it, it only became worse. OP, you don't decide if a person is decent or not if they wear plaid or anything for that matter. The whole we off that just came across so lame. You screamed lameness and possibly a sign of you being abused by somebody who wore plaid. Now we can help you if that is the case, but just know you cant come here with ignorant statements and expect to get away with it. In this forum of people, some of us are actually smart enough to murk your statements with a simple rebuttal. Case closed bro.
QFT

there is nothing wrong with rockin flannels.
they coo, but if u have the right color.
cuz some just look cheap .

Originally Posted by bAMAZING

Ralph Lauren and Flannels FTW....
my one and only flannel... from my times as a fat kid in 5th grade... and it still fits me.. im 6ft.
embarassed.gif

Back
Top Bottom