Flashing Lights' Video Actress Defends Kanye's Latest Work

[h3]Flashing Lights' Video Actress Defends Kanye's Latest Work[/h3]
by REIGN

TUESDAY FEBRUARY 19, 2008

asset.jpg

The controversial new video from Kanye West, 'Flashing Lights', has been under fire recently due to the graphic images it contains.
Rita G, a Playboy Playmate from Houston, Texas, stars in the video for West's new single and is seen beating the rapper while he is tied up in the trunk of a car.

She defends Kanye by saying that this was an expertly planned scene that West had made, to ensure it was thought provoking.

"It's so funny. This video will go over a lot of people's heads - and it's supposed to. I think it's great that it does. Because Kanye is just on another level; he's ahead of his time, in a sense." She tells MTV.

[h3]In other news…[/h3]
"So all the third-graders who come home from school and want to watch videos and snap their fingers and all that, they're probably gonna think, 'That video is wack, but that chick got a fat $%%.'

"And that's fine. But people in higher positions, they're gonna see something different. They're gonna get it, people who are thinkers."

The hell is their to think about? Reading this just makes me she's stupid.

If this video goes over your head then you need to seek out help. The video sucks, it's as simple as that.

Because Kanye is just on another level; he's ahead of his time, in a sense.
|

When people say this, are they taking themselves seriously? I swear, if I hear one more person say this *@%%...

I like the video for what it is however i was thinking that the video would have kanye walking around rapping and the camera is on him then the camera wouldzoom in on rita g dancing in the mirror then kanye is out with another girl and she calls him talking about, "where are you yeezy?" Then paparazzistarts taking pictures of him then he gets caught up, she kidnaps him and then it goes to the whole trunk of the car scene. I think that would have been moreinteresting then just being at the same place throughout the full video. I would have had Dwele in the video singing the hook as well, that would have beenhot!

I aint going to judge the video but...

doesn't anybody listen to the lyrics?

he played a girl, got caught (paparazzi), he didn't think she'll take it that far... and straight killed him

video could be better, I thought it was a teaser. It made perfect sense though.

I like the video for what it is however i was thinking that the video would have kanye walking around rapping and the camera is on him then the camera would zoom in on rita g dancing in the mirror then kanye is out with another girl and she calls him talking about, "where are you yeezy?" Then paparazzi starts taking pictures of him then he gets caught up, she kidnaps him and then it goes to the whole trunk of the car scene. I think that would have been more interesting then just being at the same place throughout the full video. I would have had Dwele in the video singing the hook as well, that would have been hot!

That woulda been real typical though right?

The only problem with this video is the gratuitous shovel stabbing at the end, that messes up the "video" quality of it. Like you can't reallyshow that. But creatively and cinematically that vid is HEAT.

Back
Top Bottom