Flat wings or drum sticks?

Flat wings or drum sticks?

• Total voters
Flats for lemon pepper. Drums for hot wings.

Those are basically the only 2 flavors I eat.

My wife refuses to eat drumsticks ..you would think it was a complete different flavor or something?! ...i mess with both but shes always eating all my flats ...annoying lol

Flats for lemon pepper.

I said I prefer the drumette but, on a lemon pepper flat

When you pull that lil wing off with the inedible bits
And your left with that part with those 2 little bones
Then you split them and sometimes your left with all the skin and meat on one of those bones
And you put it in your mouth then just pull the bone out

That's a damn nice bite.

Maybe they're both equally good in their own ways

Last edited:
Only the small drums connected to the chicken wing.

On a whole chicken, its thighs and breast every time.

Flats with a little bit of crisp.

Nothing worse than biting into a wing that's heavily breaded with a gelatinous consistency :sick:

baking and air frying aren't exactly the same
the heat source is different
I was basically saying anything you can do in an air fryer can be done in an oven/broiler.

But to address your second point, you are correct. Both use convection heat/air to cook food. The difference is the speed in which the air fryer moves that air around, which is why the cooking time is usually shorter.

Flats baby but my wife only eats flats (for the most part), which means I get stuck with the drums unless we at Flyers in Orlando and splurge on some ALL FLATS EXTRA CRISPY.
Heard an old lady ask for flappers only at wing stop yesterday :smh:

Ppl that prefer flats ain’t got no damn home training.
My wife refuses to eat drumsticks ..you would think it was a complete different flavor or something?! ...i mess with both but shes always eating all my flats ...annoying lol
I'm starting to think this is a female thing. My wife will almost always refuse to eat the drums unless there are no more flats left over.

380B6D0C-33C1-49C5-A16E-F2BBA868F9EA.gif

Drums..

I'm starting to think this is a female thing. My wife will almost always refuse to eat the drums unless there are no more flats left over.
The extra cartilage, grissle, and that skinny little bone makes many people not want to deal with ACTUAL drumsticks.

I have seen many women a little more squeamish when it comes to that.

Wait. OP gotta clear something up. Like DC mentioned, drumettes and drum sticks are not the same.
Is this strictly a chicken wing conversation? Are we talking about flats/wing vs drummettes?
I enjoy both and it never even occurred to me that you can ask or just get on part. :lol:
If I had to chose I would go drummettes when sauced and flats for dry rub. The crispier skin on a dry rub flat. :nthat:

Wait. OP gotta clear something up. Like DC mentioned, drumettes and drum sticks are not the same.
Is this strictly a chicken wing conversation? Are we talking about flats/wing vs drummettes?
I enjoy both and it never even occurred to me that you can ask or just get on part. :lol:
If I had to chose I would go drummettes when sauced and flats for dry rub. The crispier skin on a dry rub flat. :nthat:
This is about wings.

Back
Top Bottom