Florida man bought, resold limited-edition sneakers stolen from Nike, court documents say

A Florida man spent hundreds of thousands of dollars buying limited-edition sneakers stolen from Nike’s headquarters  just outside of Beaverton  for at least a year and resold them to businesses in Oregon and across the county, federal court documents say.

Jason Michael Keating, 35, of Sanibel, Fla., allegedly paid a man more than $20,000 for a pending shipment of stolen Nike Look See shoes during a meeting in Portland on March 24, according to a probable cause affidavit filed in federal court. The man Keating allegedly paid was a source working with aWashington County Sheriff's detective and federal agent. The two overheard Keating mention future sneaker shipments and destroying boxes used to ship the shoes to him during the meeting, the affidavit said.

http://www.oregonlive.com/beaverton...orida_man_accused_in_scheme.html#incart_river

WHICH ONE OF YALL IS THIS  
laugh.gif

So dude was selling samples? In and around Oregon :smh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wish I had a connect like that. Dude was probably making serious profit selling to chumps who be having 50 pairs on IG.

Yamaguchi has appeared on several websites where he displays his collection of rare sneakers. A 2012 feature from sneaker magazine, Sole Collector, describes Yamaguchi as appearing at a summer footwear convention in New York “with a duffle bag full of rare and never-before-seen samples that he accumulated during the five years he worked at Nike.”

lol. Who is it?

Last edited:
This wasn't widely known before, but people are definitely going to heed after this. Had known this for years due to knowing guys who bought samples/PEs stolen from Nike. The Swoosh does view this as a problem, but once the shoes are out there there's not much they can do unless you're an idiot like this guy who was dumb enough to sell in their backyard.

So dude was selling samples? In and around Oregon :smh:

That is really no big deal. You know how many employees sell in Oregon?

What I want people to focus on is the fact that no Nike employees have been arrested. I bet we all know one person who has a PE or a Sample that came from Nike headquarters without consent and I guarantee 95% of them were not the ones who took it from Nike. This is not the fault of the buyer. Yes in hindsight he probably made some bad decisions, but he was just doing what so many in this hobby have been doing for a very long time.

Want to stop collectors from getting samples and pe's? Stop making them or stop your employees from selling them. Don't blame us for falling for the hype that you have tried so hard to create. You make something that you know the fans will want, tell them they can't have it , and as soon as they finally get it you punish them.

Just do it

Definitely not the smartest move to sell Nike's stolen property right in their own backyard. But hey--dude was the ultimate reseller for a minute.

What I want people to focus on is the fact that no Nike employees have been arrested. I bet we all know one person who has a PE or a Sample that came from Nike headquarters without consent and I guarantee 95% of them were not the ones who took it from Nike. This is not the fault of the buyer. Yes in hindsight he probably made some bad decisions, but he was just doing what so many in this hobby have been doing for a very long time.

Want to stop collectors from getting samples and pe's? Stop making them or stop your employees from selling them. Don't blame us for falling for the hype that you have tried so hard to create. You make something that you know the fans will want, tell them they can't have it , and as soon as they finally get it you punish them.

Just do it

It's not? When I go to work tomorrow I'll steal some prototypes and old memorabilia and flip it while everyone is off for Good Friday.

It's amazing some of the things y'all would say to justify theft. Guess some of you have to support taking out multiple mortgages to keep your PE collections afloat. No shots.

Last edited:
It's not? When I go to work tomorrow I'll steal some prototypes and old memorabilia and flip it while everyone is off for Good Friday.

It's amazing some of the things y'all would say to justify theft. Guess some of you have to support taking out multiple mortgages to keep your PE collections afloat. No shots.

People selling pe's and samples in and out of Oregon is nothing new. You would not be the only person going to work and stealing prototypes tomorrow. Like I said where do you think all these samples and pe's come from? The fact that he was selling to a shop in Oregon had nothing to do with him getting caught.

Who is trying to justify theft? Who are the real thieves anyway? The guy that was paying for the goods or the ones who were actually stealing them?

Just do it

Very interesting. How many years has this been going on and why doesn't Nike try to clamp down on it? Have they?

Back
Top Bottom