Flying Alone vol: I'm 16

Flying to Charlston Friday to meet up with my dad ( he's flying in from Chicago) for a golf weekend. I'm flying from Detroit ( I live in Ann Arbor) and have a 4 hour layover in Baltimore. Anything to do close to the airport? I'm not trying to sit and hear Mrs Jones and here 5 kids screaming for 4 hours. I've been flying all around the country since I was 5 so flying by my self isn't a problem.Just looking forward to a nice relaxing weekend away from this snow. Anything fun to do in Charlston or Columbia also would be appreciated Thanks NT

Downtown is like 10-15 mins away from BWI, you can catch the light rail to the inner harbor and explore if u want

Downtown Baltimore
Arundel Mills Mall

While you are near Hanover, MD, go to Timbiktu. Very good crab cakes.

^Timbuktu is a great spot to chow down. Their chicken/broccoli alfredo is great too

Originally Posted by frshstunna

Downtown is like 10-15 mins away from BWI, you can catch the light rail to the inner harbor and explore if u want

Which train specifically should I catch this sounds like something I can manage walk around for and hour grab a bite take in the sites I've never been to Baltimore

Originally Posted by BrockBo

Originally Posted by frshstunna

Which train specifically should I catch this sounds like something I can manage walk around for and hour grab a bite take in the sites I've never been to Baltimore
Just take the northbound line...if you walk out of the airport you gonna see the light rail stop by the train tracks, or just ask where to go when you touch down

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

make sure nothings wrong with the planes left phalange

770594_o.gif

Hahaha Thanks guys

frshstunna I'm gonna pm you later tonight for a little more info if that's not a problem

charleston and columbia SUCKS there is nothing to do. its a pretty state though. i would go downtown to the open air market other than that...good luck. ill be there for xmas too though so rip to me
frown.gif

i flew to europe this summer with a 3 hour layover in germany. just watched movies on my laptop. no way in hell was i leaving that airport and getting lost

Originally Posted by DownyBoy

4hr layover ain't much. i wouldn't risk it, especially in Bmore.
I'm saying, by the time you get off the plane and get out to the rail and into Bmore you will have hardly anytime before you gotta head back go through security and start boarding again.

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

your thread title makes it seem like your afraid of flying alone...
30t6p3b.gif

but @ the same time you should explore around BWI airport its a big *+# airport i ever been that place is nice i be their ounce

A 4 hour layover can't be long enough to be running around. I'd rather take a nap on the airport floor then have to hop trains and go back through security.

Taking all this is to consideration thanks

Nobody's scared to fly alone sit down

4 hour layover isn't a whole lot of time. You really shouldn't be leaving the airport, that's too risky anywhere

a 4 hour lay over is definitely not enough time to explore baltimore lol. medium sized layovers like that are best spent casually carousing the mall like atmosphere of international airports, and eating at one of those bar and grills with crab cakes that barely id's you.
btw the surrounding area of BWI is not great, (even if you are flying from detroit)

Back
Top Bottom