=== FLYKNIT LUNAR 1+ & iD - WAVE 4 ===

Some of you might remember my customized Sample MCs that I did awhile back. Original post can be seen here. Here are some updated pics to show how they're holding up (click to enlarge).

Not too much damage or cracking on the lateral side or on the heel as you can see. On to the medial side:

The medial side towards the heel is the main problem area. I'm not sure if it's the way that I stand (maybe my feet lean a little inward) or if that's just the part of the midsole that flexes the most, but as you can see there's a nice bit of cracking there. Not sure what I can do to prevent this if I ever wanna sand off the paint and re-do them.

Some nice scrapes on the toe. Don't think this is preventable since the soft rubber is in constant contact with the pavement. Maybe if there was more grass in Philly it'd look a little better :lol:.

This is my fault right here :smh:. Played some Wiffle Ball and my foot rolling over during my swing just chewed up this part of the midsole. I guess I could sand it down to get it looking smooth again if I ever wanted to repaint them.

The pics make them look pretty bad, but overall the midsoles are in pretty good shape. The scrapes and cracking aren't visible to the naked eye at a normal distance, so unless someone bent down and stared they wouldn't even notice them :lol:. If I had the choice to do it again or leave them the way they were, I'd customize them 10 times out of 10. The HTM-esque look is just too nice :pimp:.

Last edited:
^^^

thanks for the update Nick. unless you look closely, I don't think you can tell. still an awesome custom! 
nthat.gif

I just added the 11.5 to my cart....nonetheless 175 is way too steep imo but thanks for sharing the link!
No problem on the link. Apparently you can add the 11.5 to cart on desktop, I wasn't able to earlier when I was on mobile, but it says sold out when attempting to check out.

Bout to buy a pair of these real soon, need some kind of flyknits and its between these and some chukkas. Going all black though.

I'm coming to the end of my second pair used for running.  Decision time as to which one becomes the next sacrifice.  I think Volts (already killed grey/turquoise and blue/volt pairs).

They really don't last that long for running. If you run a couple miles a day after a month the sole will be gone. Very comfortable though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom