=== FLYKNIT LUNAR 1+ & iD - WAVE 4 ===

So how's the comfort compared to the Flyknit zooms? Much softer? Feels like lunarglides?

I had a pair ZFK Racers, which I purchased for a STEAL (during the Nike F&F) thinking that I'd put some mileage on them and just beat them up, but I was so disappointed with how stiff and sloppy they felt that I resold them for pretty cheap (compared to what's out there). I've been waiting on the arrival of the F1s to compare and contrast the Zoom system to a Lunar with the FKs. Today was that day.

I finally got to try the F1s on, and the difference between them and the ZFKs (Racer and Trainer) is noticeable. I really felt the Lunar bounce/responsiveness as I pronated / took steps, which was something I felt that the ZFKs lacked. Just as the F1's midsole looks like the LG4's with the density Lunar and all, it also feels very similar.

For me, F1s fit TTS. I definitely rank the comfort of F1s much higher than the ZFKs, as the extra sockliner and Lunar tooling play a big role, obviously. However, the LG4s feel like more comfier shoes to me with the EM mesh all over. The tongue and forefoot feel is basically identical to the ZFK Trainers, which isn't bad. I actually really like the look of ZFK Trainer upper. I'd have a nice collection of ZFKs if they felt good, but they didn't make my cut, so I'm GLAD that Nike revised them with Lunar tooling and the extra sockliner. With that said, I'm looking forward to copping several F1 cws!

Last edited:
Reactions: lyl
Pics Posted above. BTW, these fit like the Trainers, not the racers. I suggest 1/2 size down. 
The women's black is fire. That should've been men's or at least unisex.
So how's the comfort compared to the Flyknit zooms? Much softer? Feels like lunarglides?
Not even comparable. These blow the Flyknit Trainers out of the water. The Lunar sole is soft, yet very supportive. I haven't gone for a run in these, or even walking around, but once I do I will have more info. What Ray said is pretty accurate. These have the extra cushioning at the rear collar of the shoe, which makes for a much more comfortable wear.

Thanks Zero for the info and pics. I really like those women's black/grey. Isn't there a version of them releasing for men's but with a black swoosh?

Yessir! For a neutral cw, I'm holding out for those. They're a part of Wave 2, so expect them around April.

001 - WOLF GREY/WHITE/DARK GREY/BLACK

I wonder which cw this one is?

Last edited:
Yessir! For a neutral cw, I'm holding out for those. They're a part of Wave 2, so expect them around April.

001 - WOLF GREY/WHITE/DARK GREY/BLACK

Are these two the same colorway? Really want the colorway on the bottom. I'm probably going to wait for that one to drop for my next colorway. Man, I don't like the FKT's anymore at all. These are so much better.

Now that's the grey one I'm looking for...volt upper with silver/grey sides...are those on the schedule?

I saw the grey/black/tourqouise today and it didn't WoW me >D

ohhhh my, I must resist and hold off buying those wmns cw for that black swoosh... even if the differences are subtle between the two.

Are these two the same colorway? Really want the colorway on the bottom. I'm probably going to wait for that one to drop for my next colorway. Man, I don't like the FKT's anymore at all. These are so much better.

Yup. The catalog pic always deviates from the final product. The Grey on them is actually Wolf Grey, so they'll be much lighter.

Despite disliking the ZFKs, I'm really willing to give them another shot if they revise the og Volt cw with the sockliner. Better yet, they should use the same colorblocking on an F1. :tongue: #wishfulthinking

Last edited:
Now that's the grey one I'm looking for...volt upper with silver/grey sides...are those on the schedule?

I saw the grey/black/tourqouise today and it didn't WoW me >D

I believe those are the ZFK Trainers. You can see a hint of Black on the outsole.

via zzazin

Last edited:
Reactions: LoX
Yup. The catalog pic always deviates from the final product. The Grey on them is actually Wolf Grey, so they'll be much lighter.

Despite disliking the ZFKs, I'm really willing to give them another shot if they revise the og Volt cw with the sockliner. Better yet, they should use the same colorblocking on an F1.
tongue.gif
#wishfulthinking
SWEET. Glad those are the official release color. Copped in April for sure!

I've been eyeing the black/blue pair since the Flyknit One announcement.  I also knew I'd most likely by swapping out for black laces (which I personally prefer).  These were out at a FNL by me and they definitely only received a limited stock.  I believe I received the last of this colorway.  They fit true to size for me and feel great.  Too cold out here in the CHI to wear them out just yet, but glad I got a pair early!!!

Last edited:
I believe those are the ZFK Trainers. You can see a hint of Black on the outsole.

Thanks Illy! You and many others are full of help! I really like the ZFKs so I'm on board with these to drop! :smokin

That electric green is HOT too...damn...

Last edited:
My boy just tried to cop a pair at Millenia Mall Finishline and they pulled them from the shelves. Release date is 2/14. They sold me my pair early by accident. Guess I got lucky!

The early pics of these had no lining like the flyknit trainers (which is the whole reason why i like the flyknits) but apparently the release version does?? Thats super wack and I probly wont even be copping them now smh

The extra lining as been noted mid-thread. If you don't like them, Nike is still releasing more ZFK and racers this fall.~

My boy just tried to cop a pair at Millenia Mall Finishline and they pulled them from the shelves. Release date is 2/14. They sold me my pair early by accident. Guess I got lucky!

Lucky! I haven't seen that Electric cw nor the Flashes yet. :nerd:

A homie forwarded this pic to me (via IG) Oregon Lunar Flyknit Trainers (?) (I don't even know what they're called haha!)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom