=== FLYKNIT LUNAR 1+ & iD - WAVE 4 ===

Curious to those of you with multiple multiple pairs, do you wear for running, casual or just collect? I know I'm good with 2 pairs of running shoes because then one is always fresh and they'll both last decently long, so why cop 4-5 unless its a crazy deal. Especially when you know new hotness arrives every year. Minimally it seems new colors will be dropping every few months. Just curious, I do realize some people log crazy miles going through kicks fast and others find a favorite shoe version they want to run in for years.
I have a problem and that problem is shoe collecting. I buy what I like and I buy a lot of it. I use almost all of my shoes for the purpose they weren't meant to be used for and that is walking around casually. I don't run in running shoes, train in trainers, or ball in basketball shoes. I enjoy collecting shoes and having multiples colors of my favorite shoes allows me to rotate them and keep for many years looking close to brand new.  It is a tough concept for a lot of people to understand that don't have this problem. 

I have a problem and that problem is shoe collecting. I buy what I like and I buy a lot of it. I use almost all of my shoes for the purpose they weren't meant to be used for and that is walking around casually. I don't run in running shoes, train in trainers, or ball in basketball shoes. I enjoy collecting shoes and having multiples colors of my favorite shoes allows me to rotate them and keep for many years looking close to brand new.  It is a tough concept for a lot of people to understand that don't have this problem. 

No I respect that. I'm that way with casual shoes - Dunk Highs, Vandals, Air Force 1s, Air Max 90s. I'll end up with a go to pair but then 6-10 others I rotate for a couple of years. Might have to copy your style and start rocking sport specific shoes casually often.

No I respect that. I'm that way with casual shoes - Dunk Highs, Vandals, Air Force 1s, Air Max 90s. I'll end up with a go to pair but then 6-10 others I rotate for a couple of years. Might have to copy your style and start rocking sport specific shoes casually often.
Yeah man, I started with dunks, moved on to jordans, and now basically collect runners/trainers...collection is mostly NB/Asics/Roshe/Flyknits as I got older style started to change. 

Flyknits just seem like a shoe that I could see myself wearing for the next 5-6 years and not get sick of, so I am loading up on colorways I like, and have only paid retail on one pair the...blue glows when I thought they may not see a wide release.  I won't pay $160 for FK1's, SA has way too many deals and Nike is already marking them down after 2-3 months.  This shoe is being slept on seriously, and unfortunately I doubt that will be the case when multicolors release. 

Probably in the minority on this, but I think Flyknits look absolutely ******ed with jeans (Chukkas aside).

i run in these, and for that purpose they have all but replaced my lunarglides. they also see quite a bit of casual wear, but i purchased them as a running shoe first and foremost. 

on another note, anyone got a photo of the volts and electric greens, side by side?
Probably in the minority on this, but I think Flyknits look absolutely ******ed with jeans (Chukkas aside).
i kind of agree. 

picked up the game royals from SA with discount..don't like them as much in person, too much white up close and lack of speckled midsole made me change my mind. Still a nice shoe but I need to check out the green and purple pairs in person before I decide if I'll keep them

I think it depends on the cw/what you are wearing. My new Wolfs will definitely be worn with jeans and chinos. It all depends on how you approach the outfit.

Curious to those of you with multiple multiple pairs, do you wear for running, casual or just collect? I know I'm good with 2 pairs of running shoes because then one is always fresh and they'll both last decently long, so why cop 4-5 unless its a crazy deal. Especially when you know new hotness arrives every year. Minimally it seems new colors will be dropping every few months. Just curious, I do realize some people log crazy miles going through kicks fast and others find a favorite shoe version they want to run in for years.
I run a lot and just like you I'm getting two pairs so they can last awhile.  I don't see myself going to far off from this line of shoes, but if Nike ever makes a "Flyknit Free Run" I might consider those for runs when I'm sprinting a lot.

Last edited:
I run a lot and just like you I'm getting two pairs so they can last awhile.  I don't see myself going to far off from this line of shoes, but if Nike ever makes a "Flyknit Free Run" I might consider those for runs when I'm sprinting a lot.
They're making a Flyknit Free Run. It's been confirmed and I posted a teaser pic in the Flyknit Free Run thread

Damn it. I just got the wolf greys. I was looking for the pink flashes. Arghhhhh
Get the pink flashes and keep both
laugh.gif

With the amount of cws they're pumping out for these, markdowns'll be inevitable (word to the LGs and FRs!). :smokin

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom