FML-Acne

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Accutane for six months. Thank me later.

And don't listen to the NT haters who have never taken it and will try and convince you that it's the worst thing known to mankind.
listen to this man.

go see a dermotologist and get this asap.

I'd show you pictures of my regimen that I followed religiously to get rid of my Acne. BUT, this is NT
grin.gif

I do have them posted on my online log though
pimp.gif

If you have pets, be sure to wash your hands after touching them. Cats will make you break out like CRAZY.

Originally Posted by malikdagoat

Originally Posted by iceNcream

Originally Posted by malikdagoat

Food has nothing to do with acne unless you're specifically allergic to something, and neither does soda.
However, what will help is:

Drinking more water

Washing you're sheets often

Cleaning the inner headband of your hats more often (if you wear em)

Changing your washcloths more often

DON'T waste your money buying expensive products you find in CVS, go to the dermatologist and get a REAL prescription and if you can't, get some plain unscented bar soap and wash your face 2x a day

Food HAS everything to do with your acne. The garbage you put into your body like processed and fast food really shows up on your face. Eat more natural foods and lots vegetables and you'll see a big difference in how your face clears up. Best way to do this is just throw everything in a juicer and drink a glass a day. Cucumbers spinach carrots apples oranges berries and your set.Everything has been said in this thread already but I really recommend Vitamin b or pantothenic acid . I take 3 capsules a day along with a good diet and my acne went away FAST
No, it doesn't.
Source

lets trying using a source more for acne click

think about it , do you think that eating junk food and processed foods like (mcdonalds, wendys, in n out kfc) will make your face and skin look better? What you put on the inside greatly affects on your appearance outside, not only on your skin but on the waist also.

So your telling me eating vegetables and whole foods in which our bodies were naturally intended to get will NOT help out? 

Its up to you guys,

Eat somewhat healthier
add some vegetables and whole foods in diet
drink lots of water
go to the sauna to clean out your pores
wash your face morning and night with wash that has salicylic acid
Use a moisturizer

You will get a pimple every now and then but for those use benzyol peroxide and or mint julep to dry it out

please try "natural" ways before you go to acutane
You are not that old, I didnt stop getting acne till 21
What you eat effects your whole entire body including face

I've been battling acne since I was 11 years old. I am now 24 and I still have acne. My face used to be horrible, I tried everything. Then in 2006, I started using Clearasil Ultra. I use the face scrub in the shower and the face pads when I get out of the shower. I also use it immediately after shaving. It's best to use the scrub in the shower because the constant flow of hot water opens your pores and gives you a much deeper clean than standing at the sink. This has been the ONLY thing that has worked for me. You need to use Clearasil Ultra at least once a day everyday and the most important thing is to remember to use both the scrub and the pads after every single time you shave. If you still have acne, it's because you aren't doing what I said in this post.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

And don't listen to the NT haters who have never taken it and will try and convince you that it's the worst thing known to mankind.
listen to this man.

Do it. Took this junior year and 2 years later Ive had like 2 random zits.  You seriously quit school cuz of this though? Cmon son

Everyone saying food makes the difference is speaking the truth, since I started cooking the majority of my meals and eating clean, especially cutting out most if not all dairy my face has cleared up drastically. My only problem now is ingrown hairs.

Originally Posted by OGMIKEY

My only problem now is ingrown hairs.

THIS
30t6p3b.gif

Junior in highschool and get a cyst or an ingrown hair like every month. Feels really bad.
frown.gif
Confidence goes way way way down.

Originally Posted by OGMIKEY

Everyone saying food makes the difference is speaking the truth, since I started cooking the majority of my meals and eating clean, especially cutting out most if not all dairy my face has cleared up drastically. My only problem now is ingrown hairs.

QFT

indifferent.gif
at the dudes saying food doesnt make a difference on your skin. Its only obvious.

Food is and especially fresh natural food > meds

you are 19, youre still a kid. if acne isnt hormonal then it is being caused by a more serious underlying health issue.

please dont listen to this garbage in here telling you to get on accutane, use some BS moisturizer, or "oh you just need to wash your face". its not going to work. those products may temporarily work but you will have to keep using them and they will screw your skin/health up permanently. people who are telling to improve your diet are correct. eat more fresh fruits and vegetables, cut out dairy at least temporarily to see if it has an effect, learn how to prepare your own meals.

check the nutrition & holistic health section on acne.org

Originally Posted by 59 Piffy

you are 19, youre still a kid. if acne isnt hormonal then it is being caused by a more serious underlying health issue.

please dont listen to this garbage in here telling you to get on accutane, use some BS moisturizer, or "oh you just need to wash your face". its not going to work. those products may temporarily work but you will have to keep using them and they will screw your skin/health up permanently. people who are telling to improve your diet are correct. eat more fresh fruits and vegetables, cut out dairy at least temporarily to see if it has an effect, learn how to prepare your own meals.

check the nutrition & holistic health section on acne.org
Did you really just say Accutane is a temporary solution? Good to know we have the experts chiming in here.

I had acne for about 4 years, I'm also 19. Tried every prescription my dermatologist recommended and nothing cleared it up. Went on accutane and it worked miracles, my face was clearer than ever. I started to lose my hair and stopped taking it after just 1 month. It has been 4 months now, my hair is back to normal and my face is totally clear! Seriously OP, accutane is amazing!
pimp.gif
Actually wish I went on it earlier. Oh and Cetaphil every morning and night!

listen to this man.

Don't listen to either of these men.

Didn't accutane get sued for some side effects? It was pretty dangerous if I'm not mistaken.

I think OP needs to try something. It seems like he got acne and just gave up. OP, you need to stop feeling sorry for yourself and get that a positive outlook about yourself. After that, research online or take the advice here and try it.

Originally Posted by Luong1209

listen to this man.

Don't listen to either of these men.

Didn't accutane get sued for some side effects? It was pretty dangerous if I'm not mistaken.
So don't listen to people who have had good experiences with a life-changing drug, but listen to someone who has no experience with the drug? Sounds like good advice.

Isn't it true that you have to undergo a psychological evaluation before being prescribed accutane?

Supposedly, in some cases, people get extremely depressed and even committed suicide. Be careful with that *@%@ OP.

if you have good habits (clean, eat decently well, etc) then your acne is the result of a hormonal imbalance. this can be fixed 90% of the time by taking some supplements directly targeted towards acne-prone individuals.

i used to have REALLY bad cystic acne (i'm 24 y/o) and i tried everything. cleaning your face and changing your sheets does NOTHING for cystic acne. changing your diet will help, but honestly it's much easier taking 1-2 pills every day for 3 months than changing your diet.

i recommend acne-D. you can get a months worth for $20-30, cheaper if you buy multiple bottles at a time. take 2 every morning and 2 every night. drink lots of water. some people see differences within 1-2 weeks, others take as long as 3 months. for me, it took 3 months without ANY progress and then on the first week after the 3 months, my skin started showing significant improvements. the biggest thing to look for is a decrease in inflammation. that's the fuel that keeps the acne coming. you take away the inflammation and it's all gravy from there.

best of luck!

PS: stay away from derms. they don't do anything but line their pockets with $ by prescribing you useless antibiotics. the best treatment option, according to your derm, is the prescription that gives them the most reimbursement. not to mention taking antibiotics longer than 2-3 months is not good for your body at ALL. supplements are all-natural and you can take them for as long as it takes for your body to naturally be cured of acne.

Back
Top Bottom