FOAMPOSITE DISCUSSION Nike Air Foamposite One SWOOSH ALL OVER DEC192019

Best Foamposite Release Of 2017 (Pick Your 3 Could Only List 10 Max.. Omitted Metallic Gold Pros)

• Total voters
Wasn't even aware of the anthracites when they dropped couple of weeks ago. Foams ain't what they used to be, but I wanted an all black pair. Maybe somewhere down the road, idk.

Would rather a DS pair, but at the price I got these for, I’ll deal with NDS for now

3038E418-7E29-4A1E-8961-9B90AAB92B7E.jpeg

Wasn't even aware of the anthracites when they dropped couple of weeks ago. Foams ain't what they used to be, but I wanted an all black pair. Maybe somewhere down the road, idk.
You might as well pick up a pair. You know they’re gonna be tanks man

You might as well pick up a pair. You know they’re gonna be tanks man

That's been my struggle with foams since the galaxy foams came out, and to be real, it started even before those. These newer models are cheap to me. Older foams were tanks. You can have minor scuffs, wipe them, and they'd look like new. After galaxy foams I noticed the foam material is softer and scuff easier than previous models. I even do something I call the "knock" test, where you gently tap the toe box part of the shoe and you'd hear a firm knock. Older versions, you'd hear the knock, newer ones, it's a softer sound. I had the foams from 01/02 I think, and I have royals from 02, and I bought a pair of 07 retros. Those are good, but after seeing so many cws of foams and being dissatisfied, I'm SUPER picky on what foams I like now knowing what I know. I've been spoiled having had a employee discount for the time that I did, I don't feel right paying retail for current foams given the quality and increased popularity of the line. I regret throwing away my all black foam pros from 02 because of minor separation that is completely fixable. Can't replace that quality.

That's been my struggle with foams since the galaxy foams came out, and to be real, it started even before those. These newer models are cheap to me. Older foams were tanks. You can have minor scuffs, wipe them, and they'd look like new. After galaxy foams I noticed the foam material is softer and scuff easier than previous models. I even do something I call the "knock" test, where you gently tap the toe box part of the shoe and you'd hear a firm knock. Older versions, you'd hear the knock, newer ones, it's a softer sound. I had the foams from 01/02 I think, and I have royals from 02, and I bought a pair of 07 retros. Those are good, but after seeing so many cws of foams and being dissatisfied, I'm SUPER picky on what foams I like now knowing what I know. I've been spoiled having had a employee discount for the time that I did, I don't feel right paying retail for current foams given the quality and increased popularity of the line. I regret throwing away my all black foam pros from 02 because of minor separation that is completely fixable. Can't replace that quality.

Troof...

Originally all Foamposite shoes were made in Taiwan where as any post 2009 eggplant ‘posite has been produced in China(technically there were Penny 3s made in Taiwan until ’11/‘12)

From the rigidity, durability and fit, to the ‘grainy’ skin, modern Foamposite is completely different

That said, the 2020 anthracites are still a no-brainer :nthat:

Troof...

Originally all Foamposite shoes were made in Taiwan where as any post 2009 eggplant ‘posite has been produced in China(technically there were Penny 3s made in Taiwan until ’11/‘12)

From the rigidity, durability and fit, to the ‘grainy’ skin, modern Foamposite is completely different

That said, the 2020 anthracites are still a no-brainer :nthat:

Do you guys prefer the harder foamposite material used? I found it more uncomfortable than the newer material. Also, doesn’t posite harden over time so older foams, if worn today, will naturally feel harder than when they 1st released?

Do you guys prefer the harder foamposite material used? I found it more uncomfortable than the newer material. Also, doesn’t posite harden over time so older foams, if worn today, will naturally feel harder than when they 1st released?

The foams with the harder material were comfortable. The entire idea of the design of the foams originally were to mold to your foot. That's the point of the foam material. Over time, with more wears, they become more comfortable and they were designed to feel like feet. With a billion cws released, they went away from quality it seems. Yeah, the later retros are more comfortable, but they aren't as durable. That's always been the tradeoff with design. I'm just not comfortable with the increase in prices of foams vs the quality they have become, but that's just my pov.

That's the end piece of the shoelaces I think called the eyelet.

It's a common issue but I thought it was a hole in the foam at first.

Unless you were just being sarcastic and messing around then carry on lol.
sadly durabuck cracks whether you wear them or not. theres no way to do preventive maintenance on durabuck, to make it last. ive tried alot of methods and even some I created - nothing seems to do the trick. same thing happened to my pewters and pearls. my pines seem okay, but they are deadstock so im afraid to wear em. durabuck dries out. real or high quality suede or leather would last much longer. (as you can preserve and manipulate the aging process on those but you cant with sythentic suedes)... so wear your durabuck shoes (*ahem* since most foams have durabuck on the eyelets..)

durabuck starts drying out and cracking around 5/6 years (thats not considering sole construction / glues / midsoles). the most I seen it go without cracking is 9/10 years, but thats a special circumstance.

i am sure your mileage will vary depending on where you live, e.g. dry air, humid, hot/cold. you dont want to think deadstock durabuck lasts longer, because it doesnt (4 to 6 years tops). lightly worn shoes seem to last the longest (holds true to real materials and synthetics) , but that is with maintenance wears every 4-6 months to soften the shape/materials from going stiff.

Last edited:
Maybe we can get some new Foams with him singing that extension with Memphis.. Another school inspired color way or Orlando Magic one would be nice.

Back
Top Bottom