FOAMPOSITE DISCUSSION Nike Air Foamposite One SWOOSH ALL OVER DEC192019

Best Foamposite Release Of 2017 (Pick Your 3 Could Only List 10 Max.. Omitted Metallic Gold Pros)

• Total voters
Like "LWP" or something? Not 100% sure...
You take this repppppppp!!!!
​LWPs!!! I wore this exact pair in high school until they LITERALLY disintegrated. The OGs were my all time favorite performance shoe.  I felt like I could do anything on the court.

How?!

Lmao

It's basic economics.

The original price in 1997 was $180.

We are in 2017 (20 years removed from the original release).

Taking inflation into account - they are on par or actually less than they should be.

Not sure how that's hard to understand.

look at min wage in 1997 vs 2017.

Do the math.

Right! $180 in 1997 is about $270 now. Check any inflation calculator, and that's a conservative estimate.

Same here but ups emailed me saying they will deliver tomorrow. Would of been easier for me to cop at my local mall but too late now. I like opening up boxes anyway lol

Right! $180 in 1997 is about $270 now. Check any inflation calculator, and that's a conservative estimate.

Inflation talk seems to make it in every thread. Believe me, inflation has nothing to do with price hikes when it's not across the board. Only on select popular shoes. Don't be fooled

whew lord I wanted the royals for a hot minute but I can't wrap my head around spending 230 + tax on these 

got me contemplating

Last edited by a moderator:
Inflation talk seems to make it in every thread. Believe me, inflation has nothing to do with price hikes when it's not across the board. Only on select popular shoes. Don't be fooled

Thank you. If inflation was a factor, price hikes would be universal. Inflation has become a cop out used by companies to justify price hikes that consumers have accepted while ignoring that prices rise only on certain products.

Not across the board? Inflation affects... everything you buy. Goods, services, food, everything. As I said adjusted for inflation.... these are less than they were 20 years ago. Almost all retros and new releases are, compared to the time of original release. Maybe that's why Nike has been cutting tech, taking shortcuts, etc, to try to keep prices down.

Not across the board? Inflation affects... everything you buy. Goods, services, food, everything. As I said adjusted for inflation.... these are less than they were 20 years ago. Almost all retros and new releases are, compared to the time of original release. Maybe that's why Nike has been cutting tech, taking shortcuts, etc, to try to keep prices down.

I'm not about to have this argument all over again. You can't just raise the price on certain shoes and call it inflation. Period end of story.

Anywhere I can still find a 10.5 for retail? Slept on this release. Reading certain reviews are making me regret it. :smh:

Last edited:
Anywhere I can still find a 10.5 for retail? Slept on this release. Reading certain reviews are making me regret it.
mean.gif
http://www.kicksusa.com/nike/air-fo...=10&siteID=W9MhUk6cl28-.t_qdf8pKiJdEyp59212CA

Back
Top Bottom