FOAMPOSITE DISCUSSION Nike Air Foamposite One SWOOSH ALL OVER DEC192019

Best Foamposite Release Of 2017 (Pick Your 3 Could Only List 10 Max.. Omitted Metallic Gold Pros)

• Total voters
They actually dropped in 2000 or 2001. I have Black/medium grey Pros with made in dates from 2000, 2002, and 2004. I’ll get pictures of all the tags, but it’s the same style/color code 630304 002
Pretty wild that they dropped the exact same shoe 3 times over 5 years

You know about the Silver Pros dropping in 2005 and 2007 too?

Oh and it’s not a “gum bottom” version remember? We gotta trust certain people here lol

Yuup. The production date of 04 had to be the ones I copped or even 02 if they just sat. I couldn't afford any Foams in HS but got those on a winter college break back home. And yes, silver Foam Pros dropped like 2-3 times too :lol:

I copped the 1st time driving to ATL from NYC for another (xmas) college break :lol: told a little cousin to cop them for me and had them there waiting for me WAT :nthat:

Yuup. The production date of 04 had to be the ones I copped or even 02 if they just sat. I couldn't afford any Foams in HS but got those on a winter college break back home. And yes, silver Foam Pros dropped like 2-3 times too :lol:

I copped the 1st time driving to ATL from NYC for another (xmas) college break :lol: told a little cousin to cop them for me and had them there waiting for me WAT :nthat:

Those were the days. Around 2005 in college I stopped buying sneakers mostly. Too many things going on
Then when I started back up in 2007, man that was the year to start back up! Not having an HoH anywhere close made it really rough. Networked through a couple store managers back then over FB and was able to secure many pairs that way

😅Dude, it ain’t serious…
…but AGAIN, no gum outsoles…

Aye, why can’t either of us find a single OG catalog pic? A SLAM ad, Eastbay, Footlocker, Champs, Footaction… anything ‘gum’?🤔 I KNOW you went looking😆 …Posting yellowed clear soles… 😅

It‘s all good, relax, b… didn’t mean to get you sideways; DM if you wanna keep going, no **** …but I’m done ‘here’😊✌️

No classics but don’t see/wear often

0E472B1A-0732-4442-9114-96D72EF78E2D.jpeg

😅Dude, it ain’t serious…
…but AGAIN, no gum outsoles…

Aye, why can’t either of us find a single OG catalog pic? A SLAM ad, Eastbay, Footlocker, Champs, Footaction… anything ‘gum’?🤔 I KNOW you went looking😆 …Posting yellowed clear soles… 😅

It‘s all good, relax, b… didn’t mean to get you sideways; DM if you wanna keep going, no **** …but I’m done ‘here’😊✌️

SMH

Aint no one sideways lol. Just waiting for you to produce something to prove me wrong so I can learn something new

But until that happens, Clear sole and Gum sole '97s

Glad the foam thread is popping again :nthat:

Where to begin. I’m gonna assume vinnuendo vinnuendo is trolling, calling my list trash and then proceeding to have weatherman and heat maps in his top 5. Either way a good :lol: to start my work day; cheers bruh.

H headdetective off the top my head the differences between the retail OG pennys and the samples in my avi are:

-Carbon shank plate on the sample is black and blue (hard to see but it’s there) vs. retail was all black
-Outsole material was thicker and more milky (again, hard to tell unless you have a side-by-side photo)
-Outsole came up higher on the toe wrap than on the retail pairs. I might not be explaining it right, but you can tell there is more gum sole at the toe than on retails pairs.
-the two dents on the lateral which was suppose to be an embossed “NIKE” are missing on the sample pair.

And lastly, again, not sure is manposite manposite is trolling, but how you gonna claim to be a foam connoisseur (with posite in your screen name :smh:) and not know about the two different black foam pros?

Mans uploaded the box label, with two clearly different product codes and you still dying on this “prove it” hill.

Shambles; I blame Nike since we ain’t had a descent foam in forever |l.

aquatic barefoot aquatic barefoot don’t forget that the 97 Royal sample also had the mini swoosh outlined in blue like the HoH Royal has. Here is a picture showing the black/blue carbon shank as well as the mini swoosh.

F446C7DB-EEA3-4A45-97E3-63BC9942BB45.jpeg

I’ll also drop a picture of the wear test model. This is the embossed NIKE you’re referring to. Also on the wear test version you can see just how much different the cut of the outsole is. Almost comes to a point on the back as well as the carbon shank is a much tighter weave than the OG. Think of the Mocha sample carbon and the UNC carbon weave pattern. Just all black
At the toe of the wear test sample, you can also see the higher cut of the toe cap that was on the Royal sample as well

D3CDAA42-E4A2-465B-8DAC-39E672839573.jpeg

5EB249F3-3653-4199-A851-7483C1B760E3.jpeg

I saw that about the sole.. I didn't realize I was always looking at samples. I love how the toe cap came up higher on the sample. Didn't know the swoosh was outlined like the HOH pair though- :nthat:

B… Its ALL good but I’ll still need to see a catalog picture from 1998 w/gum soles to agree… not some wack, rehashed ’opinions’🤷🏼‍♂️
Sorry… not:wink:

AGAIN, why can’t any of us find ANYTHING GUM from ’98? WHY?

…Nothing ‘GUM’ that box label… WHY?

AGAIN …Footlocker, Champs, Footaction… NOTHING…🤔

Oh & BTW, I have something called ‘the FOMP‘, it’s the first prototype, one that proceeded those Foamposites above…😁✌️

…& ’connoisseur’? “:smh::lol:

Despite the back and forth between you two, I learned something new today on OG royals/samples.

Appreciate the info :pimp:

I’m not mad or twisted about anything.
I genuinely want to know if they were in fact both clear originally or not. I’ve showed him everything I know about the 2 in question
Yet he keeps saying trust me. If you’re not bringing anything to discuss, then it’s a one sided conversation.
Always looking to learn more about these sneakers, been collecting them for years and years, and would like to learn something new

“Trust me”

WHAT?:rofl:

You’re absolutely sideways… & simply because I questioned your narrative…🤷🏼‍♂️

Dude, you came in here all “:smh:” with your initial list… which I assumed was light hearted…🤔

Welp, my response was too… but you seemed to have took ‘it’ some kinda way & projected your feelings… I BEEN chillin, brother…

Has any box label ever specified ‘clear’? …Actually think about it…

Hell, want to know, too😆🤷🏼‍♂️ …Once more, you stated “OG” facts, I came with the “gentle”(sorry for using that word:lol:) ‘prove it‘… see how that works? …Right or wrong, I’ll sleep just fine🙏

With that, how does one prove a negative, Heisenstein? :lol:

It is what it is🙏

…Clear

:rofl:

Last edited:
Look emoji king

I said the other label doesn’t say ‘CLEAR’ on it to point out how ridiculous your “point” was. What label says ‘GUM’ on it….

I’m done. You can’t prove me wrong and you haven’t proved what I’ve shown you wrong either

I'm surprised how many people still don't understand that.

Most people also do not know that the silver pros released twice and the black pros released 3 different times
Yeap. I still have my 2006 silver/ black pros. I Should’ve copped the 2008’s as well. At the time I was passing on re-releases if I had already owned an earlier released pair of the same color.

We need a retro of a black pro. I’ll take w/ clear, gum, or black sole.

Last edited:
Man, some of ya’ll foamposite heads carry a real pretentious attitude towards foam history.

Back in the day retail was like $170/ $180, which was a fortune back then. Especially for those of us who were still in elementary and middle school in 1997. Props to ya OG’s, but is it really that serious?

Back
Top Bottom