FOAMPOSTE LITE Review

I know a few have been waitin' for a review on court, got my all stars (East/West) from my local FL here in South Australia. To me they look equally greatin person I just had to cop both. I've only played in my East versions so far 3x. Here's what I think...........

Comfort & Fit 9/10: Very comfortable, a bit stiff to start with soI wore them casually a few times before I played in em' and I think it helped a lot. Fit is excellent, gives full lockdown support overall. As with foams,it's a bit tight in the forefoot area to begin with but will get better w/ wear. These definitely fit TRUE TO SIZE.
Cushioning 9/10: Excellent. Zoom in the heel and lunar foam in theforefoot does a great job. Forefoot doesn't feel as bouncy as my flightposites but it is still excellent. Comparing the insole of flightposites and lites,the heel is thicker on the lites. They are also low to ground which is great for guards like me but will be sufficient for forwards and light centers.
Ankle Support ???: The reason I put a question mark on these is coz Inormally play in lows so ankle support is not an issue for me. These are cut the same height as the Kobe IVs. It's not restrictive and gives me greatflexibility while being stable at the same time.
Traction 10/10: Straightforward herringbone pattern gives excellenttraction. They were great out of the box and even got better the 2nd and 3rd time I played. The gym I played was also a bit dusty.
Weight 7.5/10: After wearing lows and the Kobe IVs before I boughtthese, they felt a bit heavy. As you play in em' you won't even notice it. The weight in my opinion gives the shoe a more stable/solid feel.
OVERALL 9/10: A very solid shoe. Highly recommended for all positionsexcept really heavy centers. The All star versions are definitely worth the price tag for me. Broke many necks on court and streets.
pimp.gif

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. Thanks!

g'day mate. i was just wondering if these feel more like foamposites or flightposites..

not sure if my wide-!*$ duck feet can fit in them comfortably.

Hi, they feel more like foamposites but without the pain when you're breaking em' in. Definitely lighter very similar to flightposites. I have widefeet and they fit me just fine so you should be good. You from Oz bro? I feel lucky Adelaide City FL got both All stars.

Hey Tdiddy3, thanks for the review. I'm weighing up whether to buy these or Kobe IV's and I'm leaning towards the Kobe IV's mainly because ofthe price tag. I'm also from Oz and was wanting to know how much they retail for in Footlockers? Also, were there any other colourways of the foampositelites @ footlocker besides the allstars?

^Foam lites retail for $260 aud but you can get 10% off if you have the Footlocker card (easy to get from their website). Only the allstars were the colorwaysavailable. If i was to choose between the Kobe 4s or foam lites to ball i'll personally go with the Kobes 4s. The foams on the otherhand just look sick!Luckily i have a large bball rotation so these won't get beat.

Thanks for the advice. I feel that the Kobe IV's will be the better basketball shoe, but I'm a bit concerned about the durability of the IV's andthink that the Foams may hold up better over time. As you said the Foams look awesome and if the look as good in real life I probably have to buy both!

Originally Posted by TDIDDY3

^Foam lites retail for $260 aud but you can get 10% off if you have the Footlocker card (easy to get from their website). Only the allstars were the colorways available. If i was to choose between the Kobe 4s or foam lites to ball i'll personally go with the Kobes 4s. The foams on the otherhand just look sick! Luckily i have a large bball rotation so these won't get beat.

260???... you mean 155 for GR colorways. I dont even think the All stars go for 260 on ebay.

great review. i wasn't too sure how these will match up to the foam or flight. i would definitely pick up a pair now. thanks~

I heard it was Zoom Air in the heel AND forefoot, definitely didn't hear anything about Lunar Foam. Eastbay's specs say that there's only heelZoom, but based on the people I've spoken with it's present in the forefoot as well.

andfattoo - AUD = australian dollars, not american. not sure what the exchange rate is at the moment, check www.xe.com if you'd like.

oh, and i'm not aussie, i just have fam there.. haven't been since 2000, just before the olympics.. i wanna go again soon. great place.

Originally Posted by 255forLife

andfattoo - AUD = australian dollars, not american. not sure what the exchange rate is at the moment, check www.xe.com if you'd like.

oh, and i'm not aussie, i just have fam there.. haven't been since 2000, just before the olympics.. i wanna go again soon. great place.

Thanks for the clear up.

So these shoes arent too bulky for a guard? Wanna make sure before I order. I've been playing in hyperdunks and tend to cut and move a lot so I wanted tomake sure these arent too heavy or bulky

^ I haven't personally owned any hyperdunks but i know they're light. The foam lites MIGHT feel a BIT bulky to start with but once it's broken inthey will feel great as it molds to your foot. The more I wore mine the better it felt.

black/reds are 79.99 fsr at the new orleans outlet, got that from the outlet thread and they are doing phone orders...

Back
Top Bottom