Food & Liquor (Advance) Appreciation!!!!

This was SUPPOSED to be lupe's debut album... Although it is very good, I am happy that this leaked because he re-worked damn near all the songs that were on here that made his debut

shout out to "Trials and Tribulations" bka "Pressure" feat. jay-z

i know most of yall rememeber, this is when lupe got his rep as a baby when it comes to his music leaking... son was legit hurt that this joint leaked (as would i be though)

Just wanted to make a post about this joint due to its never released gems a la Hustlaz Song, Make Sure, Gametime
and that time in music when this released

pimp.gif

pimp.gif
Thats funny I'm listening to Food & Liquor right now, not the advanced copy.

What do yall think Sunshine is about? I know the lyrics say it's about a first date, but I think it's about him, writing lyrics and rapping.

Like his first time realizing he really likes to write and rap. And spending a lot time doing so.
nerd.gif

Advance > Official release

I killed the repeat button listening to the Advance version and was so hurt when I gave the official release a spin.

i don't know about all that brah
laugh.gif

maybe if i got a mixed version... but i liked the new tracks on the official version of F&L

Always loved the intro. Anyone know what song was sampled?

Great album... Not 1 skippable track.
pimp.gif

The depth on his lyrics are
eek.gif
You could break down any track on that album & have a handful of meanings.
sick.gif

Advance definitely > Retail

I was just having a discussion about this a couple weeks ago with some friends, good eye man.

I lost my advance copy when I got a new comp, anyone got one? I remember getting it when it leaked, so much heat.

eh, i think lasers was better

j/p. lasers... ugh. it must be the hair. cut it off, and he'll return to his former self

Trials and Tribulations and the intro were two of his most illest tracks.
But I love both versions. I can't pick one over the other.

Advanced >>>> Original
Also i think Jigga ruined Pressure, because Trials & Tribulations kills it

That advance is striaght murder

Trials and tribulations
Theme music to a drive by
Make sure
Ghetto Story
Spazz out

These are lupe at his best

Back
Top Bottom