**Food & Liquor IS A CLASSIC ALBUM VOL: Appreciation Post**

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Food & Liquor is a very good album, but it is not a classic album. Now if you dudes want to say this is a personal classic for you then go right ahead.

BE is soft as muffins

Even if that's the case as an album BE is still better than F&L.

damn right, and i like F&L

of course it is...duh.

the album has everything--great lyrics; metaphors, imagery, stories...
diverse subject range; i.e. single parent homes (he say, she say), first encounters with women (sunshine), problems of the world (american terrorist) and the"hood"(hurt me soul), mainstream influence on society (the instrumental)...
vivid stories, i.e. kick push, kick push II, the cool
commerical appeal, i.e. kick push, I gotcha
great production: kick push, the emperors soundtrack..

and of course, the great beat on the intro and outro. Album is actually one of the best debuts in rap history.

Originally Posted by jefffort5

naw...F&L has waaay more replay value than the cool...
-Real
-Just Might be okay
-Sunshine
-American Terrorist
-Kick Push & Kick Push Remix
..skip it..the whole album minus the instrumental..and this was his first alum...CLASSiC
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

let a couple more years pass..trust me..this album is a classic...we havent seen a debut albm like this in a very very long time..
word.

the whole-album was well rounded; conceptually and lyrically, each song gave a punch.
even when it just seems he havin fun on the track, son still goes in inconspicuously.

I usually get tired of songs easily...and I have not got tired with this album at all def. a classic to me
Lupe is probably my favorite artist though

from the Intro (which is probably my favorite intro of all-time) all the way to the end, this album is a bonafide classic.

was they saying the same when reasonable doubt dropped? or illmatic? im making sure i remember the ppl in here saying this isnt a classic...

CLASS-SICK! Not to mention the ill album art and cover. I remember getting the album in the fall of 2006 a few days after it dropped. I liked it from theget-go. I love BE as Well but I think they're: F&L=BE

Both of Lupes albums are Gems.... But they are not better than BE. BE has such a positive feel to it. I dont understand why both of these artist are not morepopular.

was they saying the same when reasonable doubt dropped? or illmatic? im making sure i remember the ppl in here saying this isnt a classic...
Illmatic was an instant classic... but RD got slept on when it first dropped.

Indeed it is. Few rappers, if any, have ever touched on so many social issues on a single album.

Lupe is the best mc out there right now. people all on lil waynes balls right now, when he has to be one of the most overrated rapers of all time, hes straightwack.

Back
Top Bottom