Food Social - Our debut in San Franciso! Free drinks from Simi Winery

I'm sure a lot of you have been to one of the awesome food truck events in the Bay Area like Off the Grid or Moveable Feast. For the last 5 months I been organizing a new type of event for up and coming Bay Area street food vendors trying to find a name for themselves and put their mark on the map.
I recently started a cart myself and have experienced first hand how hard it is to get established and onto the street. There is a huge gap between starting out and "making it" in the food industry and that's why I decided to organize this event, Food Social. It's a incubator/showcase of local vendors who are making their way up the ladder. Our previous events showcased the South Bay, this month we are making our debut in San Francisco and have Simi Winery as the official sponsor!

Bring in 3 or more cans of food for our SF Food Bank food drive and you will receive a free glass of Simi wine. Admission is free all night on guestlist, you can sign up at http://www.food-social.org. Our current list of vendors includes SF's very own "Grilled Cheese Guy", my personal cart Halal Halal, Cupcakes and sweets by Marley's Treats, and more. Check out the site for more info and view our teaser video here: 

Food Social SF - Sponsored by Simi Winery

Saturday, December 17th 6pm - 10pm

Hosted by: WIX Lounge

3169 22nd St, Third Floor

(cross street: Mission)

San Francisco, CA

Right on, thank you. If you have anyone in mind who you'd like to pass this onto please do! The feedback from foodies and vendors alike has been great. I am really looking forward to Friday. 

nice...hope the moreteeth event works out well

havent been there in forever, time to go back

its better than going to the wagon...

NYC Halal Platters?
nerd.gif

What will the platters at this event look like?

I always see the pics of the famous nyc halal from those carts on the internet and they look
pimp.gif

Thank you, yeah the place looks great too with all of the new renovations. That outdoor patio is perfect for the summer weather.
The NYC Halal platters are spot on, exactly like the photos you see online. The red and white sauce is the bombbbb

@Ouch my feet - What food do you sell and where can I sample? Any plans on doing this event again?

@JAYMATIK

We had 11 vendors selling everything from won-tons to beef brisket sliders and cupcakes. I sell with Halal Halal and do the Halal platters.

The second edition is coming up Friday, September 16th from 5pm-9pm @ Motif again. We'll have around the same amount of vendors and some great drink specials. Definitely come by and say hi.

Originally Posted by Ltotheizzo

I just registered to attend later today, I'm looking forward for the Halal platters.

Right on! What did you think of the platter? I remember talking with a group that had come down from SF, was that you by chance? I was the guy serving in the tie.

Originally Posted by Ouch my feet

Originally Posted by Ltotheizzo

I just registered to attend later today, I'm looking forward for the Halal platters.

Right on! What did you think of the platter? I remember talking with a group that had come down from SF, was that you by chance? I was the guy serving in the tie.
Me and the rest of the homies enjoyed the platter! Yea that was us coming from SF. 

Yeeeeeah! That is awesome to hear, thank you.

I seriously hope you enjoyed yourself, the feedback and support has been amazing. 
EDIT: Registration for October just opened up, sign up using the promo code "taptappull" for free admission! Woop woop

Food Social is making it's SF debut this month! The site has a whole new look and we have a handful of fresh SF vendors put together. Come enjoy the delicious food and free wine courtesy of Simi Winery.
Here's the teaser video if you missed it:

Back
Top Bottom