FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

I had dennys when I went to florida and they have a better selection of food in terms of creativity. The food itself is better at ihop but boring. 

Philly Cheese Brisket Sandwich at Butcher Bar in Astoria. Cheese has no place in bbq but this was well worth it.

Me and my boys had a car sesh and we stopped in Venice Beach and had pizza at this place. 

Had the curry chicken with pineapple and avocado slices and black olives and veggies. Not the best pizza I've ever had but it was good. 

Had this a couple of weeks ago.

I rarely take pictures of food so this is all I had. 

laugh.gif

fruit pancakes i made a while ago.

was to heavy to hold all that fruit in. so i couldnt flip it.

so

bang bang.

scrambled pancakes.

dont copy this.

e7kwlf.jpg

4rytll.jpg

my own recipe. made this months ago.

more to come from dajon.

Last edited:
Me and my boys had a car sesh and we stopped in Venice Beach and had pizza at this place. 

Had the curry chicken with pineapple and avocado slices and black olives and veggies. Not the best pizza I've ever had but it was good. 

Had this a couple of weeks ago.

I rarely take pictures of food so this is all I had. 

:lol:

Abbot's is dope.

Bagel crust :pimp:

fruit pancakes i made a while ago.
was to heavy to hold all that fruit in. so i couldnt flip it.
so
bang bang.
scrambled pancakes.
dont copy this.

my own recipe. made this months ago.
more to come from dajon.

:x :x

GOOD JOB GOOD EFFORT THOUGH!

Last edited:
Good stuff ElPablo, repped! Tilapia looks really good.

Here's something I had recently, Japanese Takoyaki...It's crispy on the outside and slightly mushy on the inside with octopus:
de1bd822043c11e2bed91231380ffeeb_7.jpg

Thai Iced tea yesterday (Also had pad see ew, pad thai, chicken wings, and beef skewers not pictured):
2458a57605b511e2b83422000a1de2ad_7.jpg

Luong: Don't even do that to me, brotha. There's this really low-key, "hole in the wall" Japanese spot I frequent near Times Square in NYC. Can't think of the name at the moment. Place is perfect for drinks and yakitori dishes. That's the first thing your recent pic reminded me of.

Luong: Don't even do that to me, brotha. There's this really low-key, "hole in the wall" Japanese spot I frequent near Times Square in NYC. Can't think of the name at the moment. Place is perfect for drinks and yakitori dishes. That's the first thing your recent pic reminded me of.
:lol: man, I have GOT to buy a ticket to NYC soon. When would you say is the best time to visit?

Trust me when I tell you, I've never had a Takoyaki I didn't enjoy.

Pab, that looks bomb, homie.

I need the recipe next time I have a young lady over for date night.
Im real basic with the stuff I make
laugh.gif

This is the seasoning I used for the Tilapia

For the meatballs

I use ground turkey

Jimmy deans sausage

an egg

breadcrumbs

and this premade seasoning

I use foil instead of sticking them directly on the grill...poke holes in the foil pouch

:lol: man, I have GOT to buy a ticket to NYC soon. When would you say is the best time to visit?
Absolutely, bro. Nothing like NYC pizza, cheap chicken and rice Halal carts, falafel, etc.

I would say if you can stand the cold, NYC is truly beautiful and stunning during the Holidays and Christmas Tree at Rockefeller Center. It does get crowded with tourists anytime of year with heavy volumes of traffic and congestion.

My best recommendation would be to find the best plane ticket deal you can find for any week or two you can take off from work or school. Most of NYC's attractions aren't weather permitting so you can enjoy regardless of a little snow or rain.

You're from CA, right?

Bro, NJ/NY does sick custom pizza slices. Like chicken parm slices, buffalo chicken, white cheese slices, margherita, Sicilian, etc.

Best I've had recently is a custom mashed potatoes, bacon, and cheese slice. Will post the pic later from my phone. $3.50 and completely filling after one slice.

Absolutely, bro. Nothing like NYC pizza, cheap chicken and rice Halal carts, falafel, etc.

I would say if you can stand the cold, NYC is truly beautiful and stunning during the Holidays and Christmas Tree at Rockefeller Center. It does get crowded with tourists anytime of year with heavy volumes of traffic and congestion.

My best recommendation would be to find the best plane ticket deal you can find for any week or two you can take off from work or school. Most of NYC's attractions aren't weather permitting so you can enjoy regardless of a little snow or rain.

You're from CA, right?
Yup, in SF...So the chilli weather shouldnt bother too much, but it'll be my first time seeing snow :lol:

Much appreciated to the contributors! I'll start repping posts with 2 pics, instead of 3...Save up and post!

Last edited:
Burgers N Brew in Sacramento CA, this was the best Burger I've ever had. (The fries on the side are garlic curly fries.) :smokin

Oh and that Cookies N Cream Pizookie from BJs.. if you haven't had one, you're missin out. Added it for the person who said we need more dessert in here.

Last edited:
My next mission might have to be replicating a NY style pizza from scratch...but my dough game is lacking

All these savory goods in here. The dessert game needs more representation in here

^Thai tea is just too good...Suitable for whenever.

That burger is too damb good looking not to be repped, done so!

Burgers N Brew in Sacramento CA, this was the best Burger I've ever had. (The fries on the side are garlic curly fries.) :smokin

Oh and that Cookies N Cream Pizookie from BJs.. if you haven't had one, you're missin out. Added it for the person who said we need more dessert in here.

Son what is that?

Son what is that?

The burger is a Bacon Cheeseburger with an added patty and cheese, with a side of garlic curly fries. The beef they used comes from a certain ranch and they have all sorts of information on how their cows are raised and fed. You can definitely tell in the taste of the beef.

The PIzookie is a dessert from BJ's Restaurant and Brewhouse. They're their signature along with their deep dish pizzas.

A pizookie is a freshly baked, soft, hot cookie (bottom, which is chocolate) topped with cold ice cream (top, vanilla bean), and added cookies n cream mouse i think it is. It's a combination of hot (the cookie) and cold (ice cream) in your mouth at the same time, and it's my favorite dessert right behind Cheesecake. Try it sometime.

PS they have different flavors of the Pizookie available if this one doesn't sound good. haha my second favorite flavor is the white chocolate macadamia.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom