FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

My parents mix white and brown rice and I do the same.
Half and half.
Recently I started eating jasmine rice too.
Pretty good

Good article on white vs brown
https://www.muscleforlife.com/brown-rice-vs-white-rice/

TL;DR:

"The optics of the brown and white rice debate simply don’t match the reality.

While it’s true that brown rice contains more nutrients, the difference is rather negligible to begin with and becomes even more so when you factor in the antinutrients.

While it’s true that brown rice is lower on the glycemic index, it’s not that much lower, and the glycemic index is small beer anyway in the grand scheme of being fit and healthy.

So, in the last analysis, I think it’s clear that you should eat the type of rice that you like most, and if you want to be as scrupulous as possible, opt for basmati rice whenever possible."

My parents mix white and brown rice and I do the same.
Half and half.
Recently I started eating jasmine rice too.
Pretty good

Good article on white vs brown
https://www.muscleforlife.com/brown-rice-vs-white-rice/

TL;DR:

"The optics of the brown and white rice debate simply don’t match the reality.

While it’s true that brown rice contains more nutrients, the difference is rather negligible to begin with and becomes even more so when you factor in the antinutrients.

While it’s true that brown rice is lower on the glycemic index, it’s not that much lower, and the glycemic index is small beer anyway in the grand scheme of being fit and healthy.

So, in the last analysis, I think it’s clear that you should eat the type of rice that you like most, and if you want to be as scrupulous as possible, opt for basmati rice whenever possible."

SC kid SC kid

I say this with the "up most" respect but you might want to take a course in selecting reputable sources. I notice, a lot of times, when you post "research" you seem to pick the most random websites that don't have much credibility. Like this one, you picked a Bro Science website as evidence?

I come in Peace.

Asian brothers and sisters that attempt to be a little healthier, are your parents/older relatives on board with eating Brown Rice?
My parents and in-laws have mixed white and brown rice. My parents made the full transition to brown.

If they didn't get a health scare from their doctors, they would've never made the switch. Yeah, Filipinos are stubborn when it comes to their white rice.

I had some fire *** fried jasmine rice once and never looked back. I tend to only cook things at home that I experienced in the wild and liked.

15A9539B-DB20-46E0-B495-27EDB007FE2A.jpeg

My parents and in-laws have mixed white and brown rice. My parents made the full transition to brown.

If they didn't get a health scare from their doctors, they would've never made the switch. Yeah, Filipinos are stubborn when it comes to their white rice.

Some of my friends always have to have rice with their meals and 2-3 big portions of it.

I'm not the smartest person.
I'm aware of this.
I made an entire thread of things I don't know.
But I like to learn things.

Earlier this year I googled and searched Reddit for the best books of all time, and the most inspirational books and books that changed your life.
Then I found all the ones that are available for free online via pdf.

And I downloaded them all.
And i read every night.

There's alot that are free.
Props, many people never get to this stage because they already think they know it all.

At Chipotle and the server asked the lady next to me the usual, "mild, medium or hot". Ole girl says "all of them except the really hot one "

I was like huh
giphy.gif
whats so confusing???
she wants mild
medium
and not the hot one

Just saw Babish by my office. I was on a call outside and he was on one as well a few feet away. He hung up his before mine, and when he walked past me he did not look happy :lol: .

At Chipotle and the server asked the lady next to me the usual, "mild, medium or hot". Ole girl says "all of them except the really hot one "

I was like huh
giphy.gif
Language is funny man.

When presented with an option of THREE things, I personally wouldn't use the word ALL and then turn right around and then say excluding.

I would just say the two that I wanted.

I want a legit cheesesteak right now.

With cheese wiz?

I never been to Philly but there was a food truck here that claimed they had authentic Philly cheesesteaks. They used cheese wiz or a similar cheese sauce and it was so damn salty. To me, melted cheese is better than that sodium sauce.

Back
Top Bottom