FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

20190522_141422.jpg

High Tea, The Rotunda SF...
Overrated. Finger sandwiches tasted like airplane food:smh:
Ambience is better than the food.

The above post is why this is my favorite thread on NT.

We go from Burnt Alchemist Burgers to f*****g HIGH TEA AT THE ROTUNDA!

:rofl:

How much does a beef patty run you guys?
A Golden Krust opened up by me recently and they're $2.50. Coincidentally the Golden Krust is a few blocks down from the spot I usually get patties from for $2. Might have to try Golden Krust and see if they're worth the 50 cents more.

Man I've been frustrated of late seeing patties for $2 and up and they not even made in house. I refuse to pay that for some frozen joints.

Met a Jamaican chick that manages a spot in the east end. She told me to come while she's working and shell hook it up. Gonna hit it up after Ramadan and see what her foods saying.

Hit the Tsujita Annex the other night

IMG_7045.JPG

This bowl definitely gave Santouka a run for their money in my Ramen rankings.

If you haven't tried Ramen where you dip the cold noodles in the hot broth-- I highly recommend it.

I was skeptical at first as I'm not a fan of cold noodles AT ALL. But this was on point.

Man I've been frustrated of late seeing patties for $2 and up and they not even made in house. I refuse to pay that for some frozen joints.

Met a Jamaican chick that manages a spot in the east end. She told me to come while she's working and shell hook it up. Gonna hit it up after Ramadan and see what her foods saying.

Oh damn $2 for frozen ones??? That's too much. But you're also in a city though, right? I'm in the burbs and the ones at my local spot are definitely made fresh

Oh damn $2 for frozen ones??? That's too much. But you're also in a city though, right? I'm in the burbs and the ones at my local spot are definitely made fresh

Ya it's wild disappointing.

Last time I bought a beef Patty was from Allan's but even they're falling off. They're skimping on the beef. Think the kids took over the business from pops and they cutting costs :smh:. Still a good Patty tho

Ya it's wild disappointing.

Last time I bought a beef Patty was from Allan's but even they're falling off. They're skimping on the beef. Think the kids took over the business from pops and they cutting costs :smh:. Still a good Patty tho

The best patty I could find in LA was like $6.50.

And the folks selling it were actually nice, so I knew it was big fraudulent :lol:

The audacity...

You just got got. Ain't never pay them kinda prices. I don't really care for patties like that tho. They really aren't that good to me to regularly eat.

asalaam alaikum my brother :pimp:

Just left Pappadeaux...

Spent like $100... but I don't even care... everything was excellent and I can't even lie, I'm kinda drunk.

Get the gator?? Probably the only thing I really like there outside of it being fun to go hard at inexpensive chain food every now and then lol

This was a challenge meal more than anything else. One of my friends was talking crazy over the weekend about technique. Says the yardstick of how well you can cook is how well you can make a classic French omelette. Decided to accept the challenge but put my spin on it. Egg mix was parsley, chives, tarragon and stuffed it with caramelized onions, truffle goat cheese and roasted mushrooms:
0-1.jpg

*Edit: really glad he talked trash, because this is amazing. Cross-section for the heads:
0-2.jpg

Last edited:
Wife went to one of these places
She said the tea was really good
20190522_201934.jpg
Earl Grey was nice.

Dammann Frères loose leaf teas paired with delicate housemade sweets, petite cookies, exquisite tarts, a selection of finger sandwiches and flaky scones with preserves and cream.

2:00-4pm Sun-Th, F-S 2:00-5pm

Signature Tea
$50.00 per person
Grand Tea
$55.00 per person, with a glass of Gloria Ferrer Private Cuvée Brut NV
Royal Tea
$60.00 per person, with a glass of Etoile Brut Rosé NV

Black Tea
BREAKFAST TEA
a blend of Sri Lanka, Darjeeling and Assam

EARL GREY TEA
a subtle marriage of teas from Keemun in the Anhui province of China, delicate silver tips and Calabria bergamot essential oil

JARDIN BLEU TEA
blend of teas from India and China, flavored with rhubarb, wild strawberry, and scattered with cornflower petals

GOÛT RUSSE TEA
exclusive and unique blend of Chinese tea and citrus fruits essential oils

VANILLA DECAFFEINATED TEA
Sri Lanka tea with vanilla aroma

Green Tea

YELLOW LEMON TEA
unique, original fusion of a China green sencha tea and lemongrass

NUIT À VERSAILLES TEA
green sencha basis, bergamot essential oil, kiwi, yellow peach, orange blossom, violet blossom flavors

White Tea & Herbal Infusions

ANJI TEA
white tea from the Anji region exclusively harvested during one or two weeks a year

CHAMOMILE TEA
tisane harvested June to September, notes of citron and light bitterness

Is there a way to request ramen or pho so that the soup is thicker?

You can tell alot about a man by how he makes an omelette

Last edited:
Food Wishes is probably my favorite. Good recipes, good explanations, lots to pick from.

Munchies has a limited amount of stuff, but the recipes they post are usually pretty good.

Matty Matheson has some good recipes, but I find him pretty annoying.

Gordon Ramsay, obviously. Though a lot of his recipes have expensive/obscure ingredients.

I don't like Sam the Cooking Guy, but I'm jealous of his backyard setup. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom