• 3 eggs
  • ½ cup (60g) flour
  • ½ cup (115g) half & half
  • 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • pinch of nutmeg
  • Pinch of kosher salt
  • 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
  • Confectioners suger for dusting (optional)
For filling:
  • 2 ripe peaches cut into wedges cooked in brown sugar and butter for a few minutes.
  • few blackberries for garnish

Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 425º F (220ºC)
  2. Add eggs, flour, half & half, sugar, vanilla, salt and nutmeg together into a blender and blend until smooth. Place butter in heavy skillets (or a single skillet) and place in the oven until butter has melted (just a few minutes, don’t wander off). Pour half the batter into each pan(or single skillet), return them to oven and bake for 20 minutes, until the pancakes are puffed and golden. Lower oven temperature to 300 degrees and bake five minutes longer.
  3. Remove pancakes from oven, pour in filling, serve individually if using mini skillets, or cut larger Dutch Baby into wedges and top with a dusting of confectioners’ sugar.
Notes: Wife does hers in a 6" cast iron skillet, which is what this recipe fills. You could also do 2x 3" cast iron skillets. I eat the whole 6" so it works.:lol:

Many times the filling is apple wedges prepared the same way as the peach wedges. The difference is swapping the nutmeg for 2 teaspoons of finely grated lemon zest.
Nutmeg goes with peaches. Lemon zest with apples.

Lots of variations of this, but this recipe is what I posted a photo of earlier.
Do I have to use half and half
Can I used heavy whipping cream
Or whole milk instead???

Agree. And it’s not really close, IMO.
Have you guys ever tried enchiladas with flour tortillas?? Ah man, a whole other realm of Flavor Town.

If you haven’t, do yourself a favor and make some next time it’s “Mexican Night” at your household. Grab either Las Palmas or El Pato green enchilada sauce at your local Latino grocery store.

Chess, not checkers.
964B6570-909D-43AA-8502-F3FBC3921210.png

Lol fries.. I wish they made it well done but nah I'm not even gon try.. last time I did they gave me a fried chicken... I was like that's not what I asked for smh

I'm split on the tortillas. I prefer flour, but there is something about the edges of corn tortillas when they crisp up that is pretty good.
If they're homemade then flour for sure but if they're store bought then corn... Something about store bought flour tortillas that got a synthetic taste to em

Back
Top Bottom