FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

I haven't had taco bell in years.
Forgot how the sauces taste.

I always see the sauces in bottles at the grocery store, but I never buy them because I already have plenty sauces.
I might buy the fire sauce next time.

I struggle with NOT buying new bottles of hot sauce and I keep telling myself, "Don't buy anymore until you finish with the older ones."

But I still end up with a fridge stocked with at least 3 bottles.

AF3BCFED-AF64-42D1-AEC1-42A29B31AD7B.jpeg

Butter roll & vitamin water for breakfast

I haven't had taco bell in years.
Forgot how the sauces taste.

I always see the sauces in bottles at the grocery store, but I never buy them because I already have plenty sauces.
I might buy the fire sauce next time.
Tapatio is better. Has more kick. Perhaps the combo of the two would be good though.

Interesting. Was just about to ask if that was #Cultural or #Regional.
Yeah its certain things i say in ny that i couldnt get away with down there in ya town...asking for butter rolls (bagel) / franks(yah call em hot dogs) / a hero (yah call em subs) down there is 3 things offtop food wise i would have to break down lol

Last 2-3 times I have gone to Bamba, I have been encounter some overly chewy Carne Asada Tacos. So much to the point where I don't even want to get them anymore.

I will stick with CHorizo, #.

What else do yall suggest?

solewoman solewoman

Do you recommend Due South?

Never had the carne asada but the chicken is usually on point. We’re actually probably going today.

If you want street style I recommend jarochita 2 on Glebe or jarochita in manassas or Los primos.

Due south was mid. The ambiance is dope. And the area. Hush puppies were bomb. But the greens were tasteless and the brisket was off. Tasted like it was cooked in a crockpot. No smoke ring or taste. Drinks were mixed well. If I went back it would be for drinks and apps

Last edited:
Bagels & actual kaiser rolls was both called buttered rolls (thats how everybody i knew who hit up corner stores called em)

We (everybody i knew who hit up corner store during junior high - high school days) was calling bagels & kaiser rolls buttered rolls now what papi would ask is if u wanted it on bagel or actual roll but they knew offtop what it was (bacon egg & cheese sandwiches wasnt poppin during the 90s from my recognition) chop cheese as well wasnt it was either a buttered roll or heros

Where exactly are yah dudes upbringings (i believe areas play a part )

Last 2-3 times I have gone to Bamba, I have been encounter some overly chewy Carne Asada Tacos. So much to the point where I don't even want to get them anymore.

I will stick with CHorizo, #.

What else do yall suggest?

solewoman solewoman

Do you recommend Due South?

Used to get the beef cheek but they don't do that anymore so whatever fatty/juicy beef they replaced it with should be good. Got the goat and my lady loved the al pastor. I try to ask them to not drain too much of the juices off when they make them.

We (everybody i knew who hit up corner store during junior high - high school days) was calling bagels & kaiser rolls buttered rolls now what papi would ask is if u wanted it on bagel or actual roll but they knew offtop what it was (bacon egg & cheese sandwiches wasnt poppin during the 90s from my recognition) chop cheese as well wasnt it was either a buttered roll or heros

Where exactly are yah dudes upbringings (i believe areas play a part )
@ksteezy
@ninjahood
@brendasdeadbaby
@Bend_The_Knee

Yall use the term butter roll?

Not questioning if it is a real thing

Back
Top Bottom