FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Good Morning Soles.

Does it make a huge difference in taste? I just hate buying stuff I won't use often. I hate a cluttered kitchen/fridge.

I mean no disrespect

To me rice vinegar is not as strong. It's also the only thing I have used when making it. It has a pretty long shelf life, so i just throw it in in the fridge and use it for korean bee bowl night and any other asian inspired dishes i make (if warranted)

SC kid SC kid

Still in peace.

I am going to try Adobo this weekend. But I want to add my own twist to it.

Let me know what you think.

1 Cup: Soy Sauce
(Not buying fish sauce, I wouldn't use it enough going forward)
0.25: Cup of Vinegar
Garlic
Ginger
Green Onion/Cilantro (At the end)

I think the vinegar made it too sour the last time I tried to make it. Let me look through these posts to see if I can find my old one.

Sounds good.
I always throw a bay leaf or 2 in there.

I've never put green onion or cilantro in it but it looked ok in that lady's recipe.

U eat it with white rice?

Sounds good.
I always throw a bay leaf or 2 in there.

I've never put green onion or cilantro in it but it looked ok in that lady's recipe.

U eat it with white rice?

Well I only own brown rice so that seems like it be a waste.

So probably not .

SC kid SC kid

Still in peace.

I am going to try Adobo this weekend. But I want to add my own twist to it.

Let me know what you think.

1 Cup: Soy Sauce
(Not buying fish sauce, I wouldn't use it enough going forward)
0.25: Cup of Vinegar
Garlic
Ginger
Green Onion/Cilantro (At the end)

I think the vinegar made it too sour the last time I tried to make it. Let me look through these posts to see if I can find my old one.
So, the key to adobo is having a relatively balanced taste between the vinegar and soy sauce. My formula is usually 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp soy sauce, and 1/2 cup vinegar. If it's too sour/salty, add like a teaspoon of brown sugar.
Only use ginger if you're cooking chicken adobo.
Use one whole onion and a whole head of garlic for that extra razzle dazzle, as well. :wink: And lots of black pepper.

Maybe late on this, but McD’s has joined the spicy chicken sandwich party. They have a new Spicy BBQ Chicken Sandwich out now. According to a couple of reviews I read, not as good as the Popeye’s sandwich.

Just got a instant pot, Any recipes I need to prioritize? Also, anyone watch the master chef finale? I walked out during the dessert round

The winner made seared scallops (app) and pot roast (entree) [\Spoiler]

Oh you got a taste of Popeyes and you high class now? You too good for a deal?? :lol:

But seriously, if it’s fast food, it’s slop. Some lesser than others.

I am just saying CFA and Popeyes are easily in a higher tier than McDonald's McChicken.

CFA > Popeyes, easily. Popeyes was cool though.

When I was still eating meat, I’d take down a Spicy McChicken occasionally. Sometimes you want something small and simple...

When I was still eating meat, I’d take down a Spicy McChicken occasionally. Sometimes you want something small and simple...
Well I am crushing 2 CFA sandwiches whenever I go, so one would be "small and simple."

If I am going to waste calories, give me some quality.

Poke @ Ono Poke in Cross Street Market, Baltimore
23926B0A-EA3D-41DA-93F6-521B692F1FE2.jpeg

Pea King Duck @ Duck Duck Goat, Chicago
F3156C86-C6E4-4A87-89DF-8DF7DED0D249.jpeg

Hot Chicken @ Chandler Parsons, Chicago
929EC79B-28FE-4F0D-8E82-573534DE1129.jpeg
all that looks so good

Made fried chicken for work today. Breading didn't stick quite as well. I would have preferred to use a pan and do it gentler but I made about 60 pieces and used a deep fryer. Flavor and buttermilk brine was still there though

IMG_20190920_174550.jpg
IMG_20190920_174701.jpg
u made fried chicken to eat at work???
what "breading" did u use
you've made fried chicken before right???
also what it looks like to me is ur grease wasnt hot enough
and fried too many pieces at once
and in succession which brung ur oil temp down

Back
Top Bottom