FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

An example of the opposite being true is David Chang.

Korean American, went to culinary school.

Moved to Japan to work at a ramen shop and learn.

opened momofuku noodle bar.

His ramen is trash.

I refuse to order a hamburger from a Mexican or Chinese place though, never cross that line.

chicken wings are ok from Chinese joints tho. Thai wings are on another level.,

lol

speaking of noodles. Pho is a result of French influence of Vietnamese, and it is awesome.
Origin is unclear

some people say it has ties to pot au feu

I actually think it has a lot of chinese influences

both may be True

it’s possible but not a fact.

however Vietnamese food like Banh Mi and Vietnamese coffee has undeniable french influence

[/QUOTE]
Can you speak on this? What do you see happening?

I come in peace.

Y

The factory farming/meat industry is going to get hit hard financially and may not come back the same. Plus, while people may not worry about getting COVID from animal proteins specifically, a lot of people are going to be more careful about cleanliness and lifestyle habits, which might include different diet choices.

I could be totally wrong though.

Vegan Breakfast.

IMG_20200426_144754.jpg
00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200426145222185_COVER.jpg

00000IMG_00000_BURST20200426150154369_COVER.jpg
00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200426145354151_COVER.jpg

I'm not familiar with Vietnamese Coffee, what's that about?
France colonized Vietnam

planted coffee there

vietnam is now the #1 coffee producer in the world in terms of volume

it’s usually made from robusta so it has a different flavour profile than the arabica coffee You’re probably used to. It’s more caffeine, more, dark chocolate tasting.

usually dripped through metal filter onto condensed milk

though variations exist in the North where they use egg yolk instead of condensed milk.

Last edited:
I understand where you are coming from, I do.

I am simply saying, if you know they taste better when the modification is made and you continue to go there and order with "Default Settings", you set yourself up. (Not saying that is what you HAVE been doing intentionally)

I assume they, as with most spots, don't cook stuff hard by default because most people might consider things burned and aren't bothered by semi-sogginess? ( mplsdunk mplsdunk any thoughts? )

I almost think their cooking of them is off. Normally you cut them and blanch them in water with a little vinegar. It gets a lot of the start out and they crisp up when you fry them.

I think they cut and blanch them in the fryer. So basically they fry them twice. It’s easier but you get a soggier greasier fry.

An example of the opposite being true is David Chang.

Korean American, went to culinary school.

Moved to Japan to work at a ramen shop and learn.

opened momofuku noodle bar.

His ramen is trash.
Momofuku trash? Never got around to trying it.

Ishinn is my spot though. Randomly met the owner once, didnt even know he owned it. We were talking food and i kept biggin up ishinn how thats my **** and i fw it.

Tripped out when he told me he owns it.

I refuse to order a hamburger from a Mexican or Chinese place though, never cross that line.

chicken wings are ok from Chinese joints tho. Thai wings are on another level.,
I ordered from a Mexican restaurant and near the end of the entrees was Mexican burger.

Not bad at all. Keeping in mind burgers are just ground beef and bread. It was very spicy, had pico de gallo in it.

bruh please dont tell me
u just getting put on these
please dont
u my guy
i cant have u out here in the produce isle
lookin foolish

man I’ve know about these for years. It’s just that in these times the food has been hit or miss. First it’s no chicken, then I can’t find and bell peppers.

I’m just saying Costco has some fire now. Now some mid purple grapes or Reggie seeded grapes.

man I’ve know about these for years. It’s just that in these times the food has been hit or miss. First it’s no chicken, then I can’t find and bell peppers.

I’m just saying Costco has some fire now. Now some mid purple grapes or Reggie seeded grapes.
oh ok
i feel it
yeah i been stacking up on blood oranges
got like 7 5 pound bags in my spare fridge in my garage
blood oranges >>>>>>>> any other type of oranges

oh ok
i feel it
yeah i been stacking up on blood oranges
got like 7 5 pound bags in my spare fridge in my garage
blood oranges >>>>>>>> any other type of oranges
Legit question, you know at best, oranges usually last about a little more than a month in the fridge.

Yall are going to finish all those oranges?

Legit question, you know at best, oranges usually last about a little more than a month in the fridge.

Yall are going to finish all those oranges?
yeah
ive been making fresh batches of oj every couple days
cause it goes fast
also blood orange lemonade
so good
1 5 pound bag
gets me about a gallon or so
of juice
when i add all the other stuff to it

Back
Top Bottom