FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

When I read quaker oats I thought they came for this guy

81F4xy1nFhL._SY679_.jpg

Might be a Quaker but his look always screamed slave master to me.
I remember when i touched down in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Whole place smelled like ******* oatmeal

Found out they gotta Quaker factory there.

Zo.gif

Man what I really want is Lees iced coffee but they haven’t had them all the times I’ve gone to Costco during quarantine.
But when my coworker goes they have them in stock.

Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong, but I have the impression that rigidly defining what are “breakfast”, “lunch” and “dinner” type foods is a US cultural thing and they don’t get as hung up on those labels in other places.

In France, they definitely have their own breakfast foods. Croissants, egg sammiches, baguettes with butter, jam etc... we're only eaten at breakfast time.

Man what I really want is Lees iced coffee but they haven’t had them all the times I’ve gone to Costco during quarantine.
But when my coworker goes they have them in stock.
I mess with Stok Cold Brew. The purple label one.

B Sox B Sox - if you’re still looking for Charleston recommendations, my parents went there in January and said good things about a place called Cru Cafe - Southern food made with locally sourced ingredients.

Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong, but I have the impression that rigidly defining what are “breakfast”, “lunch” and “dinner” type foods is a US cultural thing and they don’t get as hung up on those labels in other places.
I think most places around the world have that separation of breakfast food and lunch/dinner

Back
Top Bottom