FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

I roll all in to one experience and I would say I add lettuce to sandwiches and burgers cuz it tastes good. At times even enhances it.
So is this true in just THIS instance or in general, do you always combine texture as being part of "taste?"

Can you recall of a food item added to any dish that YOU would say only offers TEXTURE without elevating the taste?

I am referring to the negligible amount of fiber a piece of lettuce provides when paired with a burger as being MEASURABLE.

If you want to debate that, that is where we are.
This would end up being a long debate where neither of us will have our opinions changed. So we’ll just agree to disagree.

So is this true in just THIS instance or in general, do you always combine texture as being part of "taste?"
Case by case basis

Can you recall of a food item added to any dish that YOU would say only offers TEXTURE without elevating the taste?
Maybe certain wraps. Have little to no taste, it has a texture albeit not appealing

Cant think of any other food items that only offer texture.

i like to get the southwest salad from chick fil a with a diet dr pepper... also FYI its grilled chicken not fried
Man, I swear you have posted a fried chicken salad before. :rofl: - I think we talked about the CFA Cobb County Salad . :lol:

But the Diet Soda was definitely for you.

Imagine eating Peanut Butter and Jelly without Peanut Butter.

Lettuce was created with that sandwich in mind.

Not remotely the same.

But thanks for saying Crunchy and not tasty. :pimp:

it has to be crunchy lettuce tho.
not spring mix or "wet" lettuce

for me at least
i think the same way the lettuce compliments a BLT works to a certain degree on other sandwiches

but thats just my opinion

i can understand the alternative opinion tho

Simple, done right.
20200707_211651.jpg

it has to be crunchy lettuce tho.
not spring mix or "wet" lettuce

for me at least
i think the same way the lettuce compliments a BLT works to a certain degree on other sandwiches

but thats just my opinion

i can understand the alternative opinion tho
So does a BURGER or Chicken Sandwich lose Star ratings if lettuce is NOT present?

Or

Is the addition simply a plus for you?

i never had the cobb salad although it does look good... i only get 3 salads from fast food the southwest from both mcdonalds and CFA and the fuji apple salad at panera... the latter i rarely get cuz its overpriced... but yep i do drink diet soda but not as much as you think lol...

So does a BURGER or Chicken Sandwich lose Star ratings if lettuce is NOT present?

Or

Is the addition simply a plus for you?

it depends.

theres alot of different types of burgers and chicken sandwiches

a big mac for example i would need lettuce.
a whopper doesnt need lettuce buy ill take it on there
popeyes chicken joint no
a grilled chicken sandwich is good to me with crunchy lettuce

im sure its different for everybody

Simple, done right.
20200707_211651.jpg
Where are you from again? One of the Scandinavian countries, right?

I ask because one of the first things I noticed in Amsterdam was that they LOVE New York style pizza. Probably more pizza spots per square mile than NYC :lol:. Only had a slice at one late night spot and it was VERY much trash (think Chuck-E-Cheese if you're American), but I know better than to judge an entire city based on that one experience. Walked past a couple of spots that looked pretty good.

Also noticed a lot of spots in Amsterdam treat ribs like we treat chicken wings. Saw a bunch of "rib night" signs and "all you can eat ribs" deals going on.

Where are you from again? One of the Scandinavian countries, right?

I ask because one of the first things I noticed in Amsterdam was that they LOVE New York style pizza. Probably more pizza spots per square mile than NYC :lol:. Only had a slice at one late night spot and it was VERY much trash (think Chuck-E-Cheese if you're American), but I know better than to judge an entire city based on that one experience. Walked past a couple of spots that looked pretty good.

Also noticed a lot of spots in Amsterdam treat ribs like we treat chicken wings. Saw a bunch of "rib night" signs and "all you can eat ribs" deals going on.
Not so much a fan of NYC style, if by NYC style, you mean those giant folded greasy slices, but I'm definitely is a thin crush individual.

Danish fastfood culture is pretty trash and caters to the alcohol poisoning/vomit on shoes crowd. I live in Aarhus, Denmark. Population 300K and my options for "not trash" is pretty limited. There's probably less than a dozen places, maybe a handful, I would recommend visiting sober. And this new pizza joint would be one of them. By the way the place used to be a "Danish Taco shop," which was great, if you've never had tacos before. In reality though: Sadness in a tortilla.

If you ever visit Denmark, someone may insist you try the soon to be extinct Danish hotdog stand, here's what you can expect....

58a00ee8beccf17750e7086506670556.jpg

****'s ****ed up.

Back
Top Bottom