FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Had a family party yesterday and I made a battered banana thing. I don't know what it's called. :lol:

turon?

edit: cereal with water :x |I dat struggle though. i wouldve just ate the cereal alone

Last edited:
Went to tower cafe here in sac yesterday. Ordered this and a Bloody Mary.

Tried out Pieology over the weekend. Was too lazy to make my own pie :lol: Ordered the number 3 added jalapeños and garlic

All dishes I cooked unless stated otherwise....  IG: Eric.Mia

Breakfast Pizza on the grill: Prosciutto, Fresh Mozzarella, Basil from my Garden, Crushed Tomato and a Crispy Egg (on one)

Pan Seared Jumbo Shrimp with Roasted Carrot and Celery Root Puree 

Panchetta Carbonara 

Broiled Cold Water Lobster Tail with Cilantro and Garlic Butter 

Cripsy Egg: Herbs de Provence, Chili Powder, Super Tuscan Olive Oil

2006 - Silver Oak Cab

As you can see 

Parpadelle with Bolognase Sauce 

I didn't cook this. It's from a beer dinner I hosted / Chocolate Madeline Cookie, Chocolate Tart and an Imperial Stout from Funky Buddha Brewery. 

Carne Asada, Pico, Greek Yogurt (healthier) and Pico. (made by me)

Seafood Linguine

Gnocchi in a lobster broth with Asparagus, Grilled Ribeye, Grilled Salmon, Montes Alpha Cab. 

Wife's Lunch at Pride and Joy BBQ 

Oysters from Cayo Esquivel 

Peanuts, Fried Crickets, Chili and lime (cooked by Chef Alex Chang at his new restaurant) 

Pan Seared Halibut in a Fennel Cream Broth topped with Fennel Bulb Salad

Short Rib and Pichana 

Heiloom Tomato with a Chiffonade of basil, sea salt, cracked pepper and Olive Oil. 

Sorry for all the photos, I just discovered this thread and want to contribute as much as possible. 

I have to calm down with the drinking tho. Some of my friends aren't as splendid with the spending as I am. Once I'm drinking I hate waiting for my drink, my stupid *** will just order another round, and another, and another (Like on Saturday night)

Was going out for a beer or two and to watch a football game. Left my house with just My paypal card (purposely left my atm and cc at home) walked out with about $160 on the card. Checked the next morning, I had like $3.82 left
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif

laugh.gif

Wow @al dente 1985  I think if you opened a restaurant out of your kitchen, I would go. I'm assuming you have a culinary background?

Out of curiosity, what's your favorite Balvenie. I've been getting into scotch lately and I'm a big fan of the Islay whiskeys with their heavy smoke and peat (mainly Laphroaig, Lagavulin), but always looking for new recommendations.  

Last edited:
Just found out that I'm going to be going to New Orleans next weekend...Not sure where I'm staying, but does anybody have any suggestions on places to eat?

Willie Mae's Scotch House in the 7th Ward (2401 Saint Ann Street, New Orleans, LA 70119). Best fried chicken & down home cooking in America... I'd also recommend Dooky Chase's (2301 Orleans Ave)...

Y'all watch that movie Chef?

That was a very good movie. Although I don't believe someone like Jon Favreau would have an ex wife in Sofia Vregara & a girl friend in Scarlett Johansson. :lol:

Wow @al dente 1985  I think if you opened a restaurant out of your kitchen, I would go. I'm assuming you have a culinary background?

Out of curiosity, what's your favorite Balvenie. I've been getting into scotch lately and I'm a big fan of the Islay whiskeys with their heavy smoke and peat (mainly Laphroaig, Lagavulin), but always looking for new recommendations.  
Culinary background??? Not really... I taught myself a lot since I was a kid. However, I did work in a restaurant for 8 months while I was studying hospitality to see if I should go into culinary arts or hospitality management. I hate working for a restaurant because the pay sucks and no matter how good you cook, if you don't have experience you start at the bottom... To make a long story short I was too old (26 years old) to start at the bottom, since I was proposing to my wife and wanted to move out of my moms. So I studied hospitality management and became a wine salesman..... Now I sell craft beer but I love cooking. I'm planning on opening up something soon. We'll see. 

Scotch, I like the 12 year double wood, it's sweeter and smoother, hence the price. Islay scotches are good too, except you smell like smoke the whole night. 

If you're on a budget try Grangestone. It's exclusive to Total Wine and More, not sure if that's in your area, but the 12 year starts at 22.00 and goes up. It's a really good single malt for the price. 

Thanks for the compliment about my food. 

Back
Top Bottom