FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

What veggie grows a wing?

Screenshot_20201210-093915_Samsung Internet.jpg

Seriously, the hell is up with yall this afternoon man? :lol:

Grading on a curve good or absolutely good?

To me, absolutely good. For me, the wing experience has always been made by the sauce or rub more so than the chicken. I like the Yardhouse sauces a lot. Can’t say everyone would feel that way.

I just want to see what they're about tbh, seems like seitan or cauliflower are the most popular options but I see jackfruit ones as well.

what did he do?

he’s in a position he shouldn’t be in becasue he lacks the confidence to be in charge. He also never comes to work.

yesterday I had to deal with the health inspector because he didn’t show up because it was “his day off” bruh you’re on salary and I don’t even work here...

Then my wife called him and told him I covered his *** and he got mad I was in his territory or something. I worked there for 5 years before I even knew who he was. I can cook the menu with my eyes closed. I don’t even want to job let alone being in charge. :lol:

Then he yelled at my wife and he got axed on the spot.

he also lost 3 very good cooks last week because he let constant bullying go unchecked. He just lacks the backbone to be in charge and is lazy.

f it, they’re paying me cash so I can still get my unemployment :lol:

Dont like Ben & Jerry's, I don't have the patience for it to thaw and it's too strenuous to eat, when it's frozen solid.

Donuts.jpeg

top 3 for me when it comes to donuts. USD in Boston (Somerville, to be specific)
I’ve even wanting to try this place out. Been wanting to finally try donuts other than dunkies :lol:
They had cinnamon rolls for thanksgiving I was gonna get but I slacked and they were gone
You’re gonna make me finally go

Gonna be doing a trial run for Christmas so i ordered some prime rib from a local butcher and will be making on Saturday. Any tips on cooking the prime rib would be so helpful!
Tips:
- Liberally season the meat with your salt, pepper, garlic, herbs, whatever you want on it.
This is what I personally do: I put chopped fresh herbs, a two handfuls of peeled garlic (i have little hands so maybe you can put less :lol:), whole black peppercorns, and sea salt and make a paste with a mortar and pestle. I like this method better because it releases all the flavorful oils. Then I mix the paste with butter that I melted using a double boiler and let it cook on very low heat for like ~10 minutes so it infuses. Then I brush this onto the meat.
.... Or you can just make it alot easier on yourself and do a dry rub :lol:
I let mine sit for two days in the fridge.
- Make sure the prime rib is at room temperature before you pop it in the oven so it cooks evenly. Depends how big it is, but I usually leave it at the countertop ~3 hours before cooking.
- Assuming that your prime rib is kinda big, cooking it on a heavy wired roasting rack is the way to go.

Procedure:
- Roast the meat at 500 degrees for 15 minutes. Make sure you have the fans and blowers on lol.
- Cook it for 13 minutes per pound at 325 degrees. Make sure that you know the exact weight of the meat!!
- I like to take the meat's temperature ~10-15 minutes before the end time just to make sure it's not overcooked. Stab the thickest part of the meat from the top to the middle, without touching the bone.
- Take it out of the oven when the temperature registers 10-15 degrees before your desired doneness. If it's not quite there, pop it back in. For example, If you're going for medium rare (130), take it out at 115-125 degrees. Then loosely cover with aluminum foil and let it sit at the countertop for 15-20 minutes. The residual heat will continue to cook it

I’ve even wanting to try this place out. Been wanting to finally try donuts other than dunkies :lol:
They had cinnamon rolls for thanksgiving I was gonna get but I slacked and they were gone
You’re gonna make me finally go

not sure whereabouts you live in MA so these might be a drive, but highly recommend any of the below:

Union Sq Donuts
Kane's
PVDonut
Rocco's

Back
Top Bottom