FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Got some curried crab and coconut bake dropped off.
20210413_221833.jpg

I'm not vouching for them as much as I am denouncing the other places.

I just don't think they are (were) as bad as people made them out to be. When those same people eat the equivalency of dog **** from.places like taco bell.
agreed on taco bell but i'm saying after 8 years they might not even be the same restaurant you remember. hard to make that claim.

Comparison Ford Comparison Ford

I like arby's now and then (also haven't been in several years). The cheddar cheese or the au jus joint, curly fries, shake. Roast beef in itself isn't even that great and has never tasted different be it from Arby's or a deli. Dunno why I get the 5 year random cravings for it like McDonald's.

what's your calorie budget, DC? you seem very calorie conscious. just curious, i come in peace

what's your calorie budget, DC? you seem very calorie conscious. just curious, i come in peace
I don't count calories but I look at/think about the quality of what I am willing to waste calories on.

If I need to "eat like I hate myself" ( Comparison Ford Comparison Ford ) , it better be worth it. It won't be for some got damn Taco Bell for damn sure.

Last edited:
i have a hard time picturing Grine Grine traveling the world, hiking up mt fuji, coming home, and hitting up an arby's roast beef sandwich :lol:

True Story - I eat there maybe 3-4 times a year. Better than eating KFC :lol:

I'd rather eat an #AlcBurger than to set foot in a damn Arbys. Hell, I might even pick Taco Bell over Arbys

Only good thing at Taco Bell is grilled chicken “chalupa”.

I had Long John Silvers once 10+ years ago. didn't stand out as being super trash, just some super fried stuff

I don't recall ever eating at a KFC

New Shake Shack jams seem slightly promising

Avoado_bacon_1-540x540.jpg

Both could probably benefit from a slice of tomato though. Might try the chicken later this week.
Being a man of my word and then some.
0-2.jpg

0-3.jpg

Overall they're pretty good. I think the avocado and bacon work better on the burger than the chicken sandwich though. They tend to get lost with the pickles and the herb mayo to the point where they don't really add all that much to the sandwich. The burger itself could benefit from some lettuce and tomato as well. I'd say they're worth trying, but I'll stick to the originals.

Back
Top Bottom