FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Don't use my microwave a ton, but it's definitely convenient for reheating certain leftovers. If I didn't have one built in, I don't know if I'd feel the need to have one though.

That's why I like having a nice toaster oven. Use it instead of my full size oven all the time

Re-heating pasta on the stove in a sauce pan is best imo
takes forever for certain things if they have been in the fridge for a couple days already. I’m good on that man.

Unless it’s takeout I never have any rice problems
That’s where the rice cooker comes in
Always only cook enough rice for a min of 2 days
If it’s been longer than 2 days I toss what’s inside and cook a fresh batch
When I do toss it’s very little

I lowkey hate reheating food. There’s certain food that just does not taste the same. Like rice I always prefer fresh rice.
Maaaaaaan nothing taste the same once reheated in the microwave. Nothing at all... But you can't deny the convenience.

I'll take the time with the oven method for things requiring a crisp. Mostly fried items. But just about everything else, microwave is ok...

I rarely use mine as well l, BTW, but do consider it to be a must in any kitchen.!

Never saw the need of a rice cooker.
same. I’m not against it but growing up in Dominican household a rice cooker would be looked down upon as useless. And really rice isn’t difficult to cook. Clean the rice, boil some water with salt and dabs of olive or vegetable oil, add rice, bring to simmer and let it cook while stirring every so often

same. I’m not against it but growing up in Dominican household a rice cooker would be looked down upon as useless. And really rice isn’t difficult to cook. Clean the rice, boil some water with salt and dabs of olive or vegetable oil, add rice, bring to simmer and let it cook while stirring every so often
This man knows.!

Gotta have some onion or garlic or a pepper in there or something though

I can't really get down with that plain steamed rice-cooker rice .. it's so bland :ohwell:

I’m also against kitchen items that only serve one use so yeah I’ll never get a rice cooker

Also. Ditch the whole 2:1 water to rice ratio. Wash and soak your rice. Use a 1.2:1 water to rice ration.

Back
Top Bottom