FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

^ What's that second dish? Doesn't look familiar and I've had almost all Vietnamese food.

laugh.gif
Banh it Ram

it's a really traditional central dish, I've only had it a couple times but imagine like banh cuon filling inside a mochi ball on top of a deep fried rice cake, it's delicious.

Damn, this sounds good. My favorite central dish (mi quang):

+1 for MI quang. Tied between that and bun Bo nuong for my favorite central dish. As I've gotten older I've gotten more into exploring my culture and Vietnamese cuisine and it has been quite the rewarding journey. There's so much more to Vietnam than banh mi and pho, you just have to keep an open mind, and not think about all the fermented crap that might be in it lol.

Just some Vietnamese food I had on my phone.
Mi kho dau hao with xa xiu is my all time favorite Vietnamese dish for now lol

^ I eat most of that every week, so I've gotten a bit tired of it.

But I definitely understand about exploring the culture. I loved everything I ate when I visited the homeland for the first time.

That late night market in Saigon where you can just pull up and order everything for <$6? Amazing.

anybody have any unique recipes for chicken breasts.

someone gave me ALOT and I'm tired of just eating sandwiches lol

I've grilled or pan fried it normally then diced it and used it in chicken pot pie if you want that recipe.

Also the normal baked cracker crust sort of fair.

Im gonna try both of those.

Googled da pot pie

Its wicked easy.

I'm too lazy to make pie crust so I just buy that.

Then just do the simple gravy with cream, chicken stock, and roux toss some frozen veggies in there and bake it in the oven

Everything else is personal preference

Flank steak, salad, au gratin potatoes, shrimp scampi, '626' from Dingle Berries in Rosemead

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom