FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

20220501_135808.jpg

What do you guys like in your omelets? I love onion, tomato, sausage, and cheddar. And does anyone else season their eggs? Basil and oregano, ALWAYS.

-foe
Anytime I think about having an omelette I’m ngl I just end up wanting scrambled eggs.

Salt pepper garlic powder and French onion :pimp:

I love cheese popcorn but not many options in stores, usually just white cheddar or cheetos popcornn. Forgot what the brand was but they made a spicy cheese flavor that was really good.

best cheesesteaks ive had have all been outside of philly tbh

those famous spots in philly aint it
Do you have a favorite one you've found in socal? Or if you can't pick one, do you have any favorite cheesesteak spots yet?

-foe

Do you have a favorite one you've found in socal? Or if you can't pick one, do you have any favorite cheesesteak spots yet?

-foe

in the bay, there's two places i like. Jersey's which is a tiny little bar and grill in campbell. Cheesesteak Shop is a chain that makes good ones as well. in socal, i haven't found one yet

but back home in MA, most small pizza shops can make a damn good cheesesteak. and that's likely true in most places. anywhere that cooks it to order is going to be better than those spots in philly that have the cooked meat sitting on a grill drying out IMO. and i didn't mean to trash on philly. i'm SURE there are spots in philly that make great ones. i'm just talking about those famous travel channel spots which are pretty mid

in the bay, there's two places i like. Jersey's which is a tiny little bar and grill in campbell. Cheesesteak Shop is a chain that makes good ones as well. in socal, i haven't found one yet

but back home in MA, most small pizza shops can make a damn good cheesesteak. and that's likely true in most places. anywhere that cooks it to order is going to be better than those spots in philly that have the cooked meat sitting on a grill drying out IMO. and i didn't mean to trash on philly. i'm SURE there are spots in philly that make great ones. i'm just talking about those famous travel channel spots which are pretty mid
Wait you're in the Bay? I must have got my wires crossed. Thought you were in socal. 😬

-foe

Best cheesesteak i've had was at the student center at my university. The lines during lunch would get hectic. The local delis have cheesesteaks but they're really just roast beef they warmed up on the grill and cover with cheese. Charlie's Steakery at the mall food court is better.

Flaming Hot Mountain Dew = Regular Mountain Dew with maybe a quarter dash of Tajin… no point in this nonsense.

A3431A9E-250E-4A18-885C-10AD8E550593.jpeg

The homerism over cheesesteaks is so funny to me because there's nothing unique to Philly about it.

It's not like they have some ingredient that's only easily accessible to them. The sandwich can be, and is, replicated everywhere.

Had a few cheesesteaks when I visited my brother in Philly and was fairly underwhelmed with each one. Chopped cheese>Philly cheesesteak. At least the chopped cheese is cheap.

Yea, I agree. It's not like Pizza in NY being superior because of the water.

Can people outside of the area get those same rolls?

I believe Angelos makes own bread fresh with the seeds on top ( you wont find many cheesesteaks with that kind of roll)

These other spots use places names like Amoroso, Liscio (i wanna say they are in super markets by the 6 in a bag) but its completely different imo not as fresh

Every morning they get drop offs for the day fresh batches of rolls

Amoroso is very big name around here

I refuse to believe that Philly has a monopoly on good long rolls. You can find them anywhere where you can get good bread (Jersey, NY, etc.).

Also there's a spot in Vermont called Pizzeria Ida that makes good looking cheesesteaks on their own house-made rolls.

Back
Top Bottom