FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Coffee definitely shouldn't be an everyday habit.

The recent research on coffee seems to point to some health benefits and not a lot of risks

Assuming it’s not being loaded up with cream and sugar

I’m guilty of drinking mostly unfiltered, which is one of the main risks. Supposedly bad for LDL

Caffeine sensitivity is a different discussion. I think it’s generally easy to tell whether you are or not

I drank two cold brews before a physical the other day and my pulse was 102. :rofl:

The messed up part is I wasn’t even jittery or anything I’m so used to it. I cut my intake in half the next day.

Sorry to hear about that, man. Having food poisoning is miserable. Hope it passes quickly.
Thank you, beloved.

It’s been a bit of a roller-coaster so far. This morning was severe abdominal pain, nausea, and the runs. Now it’s more malaise and muscle aches with transient (but significantly improved) lower abdominal pain/cramps.

Verdict on sous vide ribs - pretty good. Just as good as when I smoked them before - but that took a long time and some effort. This was foolproof - they ended up being in the bath for about 33 hours (I was going for 36 but didn’t get going early enough on Saturday morning) and then sauced and in a hot oven for 20 minutes. Just a little more chew than I was expecting but nothing to complain about. Might try longer next time.

8EAC0CB5-16E1-4EAB-A11C-6445ADBE6DF5.jpeg

254DF981-B9AA-48D6-905D-7234CEEA673B.jpeg

C373F75D-060E-48F4-851C-CF5C391D00BC.jpeg

Did you put anything on that potato
They were rubbed in olive oil and salt before baking and then just butter - you can see I dropped it on the left corner of the plate because the knife was straight out of the dishwasher and the melted butter slipped off.

The recent research on coffee seems to point to some health benefits and not a lot of risks

Assuming it’s not being loaded up with cream and sugar

I’m guilty of drinking mostly unfiltered, which is one of the main risks. Supposedly bad for LDL

Caffeine sensitivity is a different discussion. I think it’s generally easy to tell whether you are or not
The heath benefits are there, but was mostly speaking on coffee/caffeine dependency & withdrawals. That one cup a day often turns into 2, 3, and so on. After a while it can become a drink needed to maintain rather than one that's effective.

The gawd Mark Weins finally made it to Trinidad. As a St. Lucian, I have no problem saying Trini food sets the standard for the whole lower Caribbean

Glad someone said it that wasn't me.

I got ppl that get fooled in to just thinking everything is or has to be Jamaican.

This guy's constantly being happy and enthusiasm always unnerves me :lol:

Start of the vid already got me hungry

Just don't drink a dumb amount of coffee and the benefits outweigh the risks. There is lots of information on it.
I have a friend that just did 10 yrs. He’s got these super disciplined eating habits now. He swears by a cup of coffee in the morning. Coffee is a jailhouse thing but he said he uses it for digestive purposes.

Coffee definitely shouldn't be an everyday habit. A few general rules I go by with Coffee is to never drink it 2 days in a row. Only one cup when I do. Must be a work day where I absolutely need it. 2 cups a week is ok for me
You can drink coffee everyday just have to watch how much of it you drink. Everybodys tolerance is different tho. I can drink a warm cup before bed and sleep well

Back
Top Bottom