FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

My wife keeps ruining my fast. I was hungry as hell tho, stomach rumbling and I cant say no to mcdonalds fries :smh:

20230504_223229.jpg

I got a new Bundt pan and cake carrier set last month. Quite colorful pieces.
IMG_6804.JPG

A couple of Betty Crocker desserts I baked this week.

I believe this is the first time I ever tried these kind of brownies from Betty Crocker.
IMG_6809.JPG

It was my first time using this nonstick baking pan.
IMG_6811.JPG

This is a yellow cake with butter cream frosting.
IMG_6821.JPG

Hey DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican , I'm sorry I didn't reply promptly to your recent inquiry about my opinion on a couple of burger chains. I believe you mentioned Five Guys & Shake Shack in that post. I never ate at either of them. I don't intend to either.

I previously mentioned on here that I passed on Five Guys after I checked their menu prices at the Fox Hills Mall location. I believe I did some research on Shake Shack's menu prices as well. I don't feel the prices at those restaurants are favorable for me in terms of quantity, portions and value. I'm sure their burgers are good.

I admit I go to Islands & Red Robin because they have incentives with deals and hookups. I'm aware it's a few more dollars at those places, but I feel I get better value and quality with them.

Yea those brownies look good man. You did a good job again.

1. Do you alter the recipe at all or have you pretty much mastered making them? Ever add walnuts?

2. Have you thought of trying them from scratch?

3. Understood with the point about the burgers.

Kachka was amazing last night.

Bread and assorted pickles:
IMG_0415.jpeg

IMG_0413.jpeg

Herring under a fur coat (great recommendation saintvitus16 saintvitus16 ):
IMG_0414.jpeg

Pan-fried pork/veal/beef dumplings with onion and mixed herbs:
IMG_0417.jpeg

These potato dumplings with chives and the caviar beurre blanc were probably the best thing I’ve eaten all year:
IMG_0416.jpeg

Mushroom stroganoff with crispy beef tongue confit:
IMG_0418.jpeg

Best cabbage rolls I’ve ever eaten:
IMG_0419.jpeg

Last edited:
Kachka was amazing last night.

Bread and assorted pickles:
IMG_0415.jpeg

IMG_0413.jpeg

Herring under a fur coat (great recommendation saintvitus16 saintvitus16 ):
IMG_0414.jpeg

Pan-fried pork/veal/beef dumplings with onion and mixed herbs:
IMG_0417.jpeg

These potato dumplings with chives and the caviar beurre blanc were probably the best thing I’ve eaten all year:
IMG_0416.jpeg

Mushroom stroganoff with crispy beef tongue confit:
IMG_0418.jpeg

Best cabbage rolls I’ve ever eaten:
IMG_0419.jpeg
Just booked some reservations!

Got some pizza & bingsu yesterday. Pizza is from Mama Theresa's in Garden City Park, NY & the bingsu from Lulu's & Dino's in Queens, NY. I've had 🍕from here before & it was good but yesterday the regular slices were 👎because both me & my sis-in-law noticed they were too salty. The 🥦 & spinach slice was good.

Yelp sent me a notification saying the bingsu is popular at this bakery. I've driven past it many times but never paid attention. Didn't really know what bingsu was & googled it so I decided let's try it. I went with the oreo one which consisted of Oreo, mochi, shaved ice, oreo cereal & condensed milk. They give a lot for $16. Not my 1st or 2nd preference for a dessert item but not bad for what it was. It was a good one time thing for me. Nice interior decor though.
2022-07-31.jpg
20230505_183212.jpg
20230505_193907.jpg
20230505_193930.jpg
20230505_194103.jpg
20230505_194936.jpg
20230505_194906.jpg
20230505_194514.jpg

Back
Top Bottom