FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Szechuan wings & chow mein.
IMG_1829.jpeg

Not sure where you are going to be but some of my favorite sandwich places are are Call Your Mother (multiple locations but I usually go to the one in Capitol Hill or Georgetown), Stachowksi Market (Georgetown), Bub and Pop's (Dupont Circle), Compliments Only (Dupont Circle) and Fight Club (Capitol Hill). Some notes I tell folks:

CYM is a Jewish Deli and all their sandwiches are on their fresh bagels which are good.
Stachowski Market has huge sandwiches and it is a butcher shop so the meat is on point (pause).
Bub and Pop's (Philly Inspired) and Compliments Only are both really good BUT their sandwiches are on hoagies rolls so technically they may be more of the "sub" family and I am not sure if you are looking for that.
Fight Club has big sandwiches and more of a variety in terms of meats, toppings and how they pair them. They also have really good drinks too and a solid happy hour.

That is all I can think of for now. I would check out their menus/location to see what you like and if they are near anywhere you are headed. Hope this helps
We made it to Call Your Mother right before closing, needed more time with the menu.
Got a BLT and a Pastrami, my girls had a turkey and cheese and they loved it. They have us a bunch of free baked goods.
IMG_0940.jpeg
IMG_0942.jpeg
IMG_0943.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom