FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Need some London recs. Just booked our trip for the Ravens/Titans game at new Tottenham stadium. Gonna hit the England/Australia friendly at Wembley. Might see Ricky Gervais at London Palladium.

Not sure where to start for food though. Gonna be staying by Buckingham Palace, but willing to go wherever.

Last edited:
I’m going at the end of the summer, the only place I know by name I want to check out is Dishoom.. supposed to be really good Indian food. Other than that I just know I want to eat:
Indian
Caribbean
Jollof
Turkish

So I’m looking for recs as well

IMG_0611.jpeg

There's about 5 of us. We try to make Friday evenings family/dinner time & go out try different spots. Thank you.

Keep those routines up man. They definitely matter.

Yo why do women peel with a knife upward. Always looked unsafe to me. Cutting motion should be away from the body not towards it.

When using using peeler, I tend to have more control cutting towards my body.

first time in NY as an adult my boy immediately took me here.. it was late at night and this man had me on a train for an hour, just to get halal guys. i had no clue why he was so intent on going. growing up as non-Muslims, we never got put onto halal food but the entire time he kept saying, "Mo trust me, we aint got it like this in the Bay."

when i popped the lid off, shoooot, NWTS. i understood the reason for the journey :lol: couldn't believe there was this much food for < $7. i learned my lesson though -easy on the red sauce. first degree burns going in, 3rd degree burns going out.

646.jpg

639.jpg
It's a must for anyone visiting especially first timers...your boy set you up right. They are the pioneers for halal carts in NYC. They put halal food on the map without a doubt & it blew up in every city pretty much in the US.

The journey & 1 hour train ride was worth it wasn't it, lol. Word back then it was less than $7 & even I would struggle trying to finish the platter. Yes, go very easy on the red sauce, lol. All you need is 2 drops & you're good. 💯 on the 3rd degree burns going out :lol: .

They stopped doing lamb for like 2 years now. Now the protein choices are beef or chicken. Beef cost more than lamb so maybe lamb didn't make sense financially for them due to it not selling as much as they'd like. Either way still ❤️ them & they're still the 🐐 halal food in NYC.

Looks great. How was it?

Really good. They make them to order and it’s not overly sweet itself but has caremalized sugar on the edges and is served with syrup and jam so it works well and has a sweet and somewhat savory thing going. It’s an airy and fluffy donut that they use too which doesn’t make it super filling either.

Not usually a big ice cream person, but the mood came over me to order some pints:
IMG_0612.jpeg
IMG_0613.jpeg
IMG_0614.jpeg
1687726686730.gif

I am an ice cream FIEND but I only have it Sundays and usually will order some non traditional pints every week but have never seen these. Going to check it out next time I order groceries. Thanks for sharing :nthat:

Another good brand for the Ice Cream lovers out there is Van Leeuwen. Started as a scoop Ice Cream Truck in NYC in the 00s and they are nationwide. Sooo good if anyone in here ever comes across it

1687726686730.gif

I am an ice cream FIEND but I only have it Sundays and usually will order some non traditional pints every week but have never seen these. Going to check it out next time I order groceries. Thanks for sharing :nthat:

Another good brand for the Ice Cream lovers out there is Van Leeuwen. Started as a scoop Ice Cream Truck in NYC in the 00s and they are nationwide. Sooo good if anyone in here ever comes across it
Man you’ve spent time in Philly and never checked out Jeni’s? :lol: :smh:

Fumbling. That everything bagel ice cream is probably #3 on my top 3 things I’ve eaten so far this year. On paper it sounds like it shouldn’t exist, but it’s ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom