FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Thanks to all for the well-wishes.

Just got back from Roger da Frog. Frog legs are good as he’ll.
IMG_0893.jpeg
IMG_0894.jpeg
IMG_0895.jpeg

I used to absolutely love & go crazy for carrot cake when I was a kid. This bakery around my way used to make the best carrot cake ever but sadly they closed years ago. I've had decent carrot cake since but I miss that bakery. The carrot flavor is so damn good in a moist cake with icing on top.
Still looking for an amazing place.

I used to absolutely love & go crazy for carrot cake when I was a kid. This bakery around my way used to make the best carrot cake ever but sadly they closed years ago. I've had decent carrot cake since but I miss that bakery. The carrot flavor is so damn good in a moist cake with icing on top.
Gotta check out Lloyd’s carrot cake in the bronx

Almost caused a fire. Wanted the almond butter to be spreadable so I decided to microwave it. Didn’t realize there was a little bit of the silver lining on the top of the container. I saw sparks in the microwave and froze for a minute.

IMG_3160.jpeg
IMG_3161.jpeg

I seen that happen once at work years ago. This guy didn't listen when a coworker told him don't put his food in there like that. Microwave lit up. Think it was a souvlaki on a bun or maybe a gyro

PXL_20230908_074623891.jpg

Funny enough my first meal with rice was on my last day. Stew with beef and eggplant and a salad.
PXL_20230908_110917493.jpg

Stopped for tea. Couple other random old heads sat down for tea as well.

Went by the spice market for some gifts
PXL_20230908_091257913.jpg

Went back for one last kebab last night...
PXL_20230908_123036935.jpg

Never heard of this spot. I googled & yelped it & it is legendary. I will be trying it soon. What do you usually get from there? The carrot cake does look awesome. Thank you for the rec 👍.
Usually get just the carrot cake. Never got anything else from there.

Think I’m due for my annual trip up there myself :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom