FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

IMG_0708.jpeg
Respect the schmear

I used to be confused by all the cream cheese in a bagel... but after getting a bagel from a non traditional spot like dunkin donuts they don't put enough cream cheese on there and are cheap with it

I haven't gotten a bagel and cream cheese from Dunkin in probably 15 years. I remember it looked like they made big slices into cream cheese and put it on the bagel. Guess they're stingy now. I learned the one next to me is one of the only ones still making their donuts on location.

Imma use a thermometer for my prime rib roast this year for Christmas. And maybe a tri tip roast once I get the jawn.

But for regular steaks, chicken, burgers, etc?.. nah b.

If you can’t grill / cook that stuff to somewhat accuracy without a thermometer, you shouldn’t be cooking it for others yet. You’re still learning how to cook it IMO.
:smh: You still feel this way Spike?

:smh: You still feel this way Spike?
I’m glad you brought this up.

To give you an idea of who I think of when it comes to thermometer users, I have a story from last night.

I went to a neighbors house last night as they invited us over for burgers and glizzy’s.

The wife grilled, and she used a thermometer on every single burger patty. And they came out slightly past well done. She then admitted to us at the end that she has grilled 3 times this summer, first time in her life, and it is not going well. Why she decided to grill for us is beyond me, but I’ve seen her husband grill before so maybe thats why.

This is the “common meats” thermometer crowd. Grilling typical / common grill meats such as hot dogs, burgers, chicken breasts, thighs, etc. shouldn’t take a thermometer if you know how to cook it.

I’ll add this - if you’re concerned about undercooking a chicken breast, just slice it in half. It may take some trial and error to figure out how firm it needs to be for the doneness you want, but it’s not unrealistic or difficult to achieve.

Is it easier to ride a bicycle with training wheels on it? Yeah it is. Does it make you look foolish / like you don’t know what you’re doing? Yeah it does.

Back
Top Bottom