FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Just landed in LA (staying in East LA) Here are some places im considering. In no particular order

Kang HoDong BaekJeong
Trejos Taco
Boiling crab
King Taco
Taco del rio
In n out
Eggslut
Roscoes

Def hitting up KBBQ for dinner tmrw.

Im here with a few ppl. What other spots yall recommend for groups? Tryna find activities or tourist stuff to do in between meals since its our first time here. Drop me a PM

boiling crab is whatever
boiling crab so over rated
so is roscoes
if ur black or know some one who is
they can make it better
bruh go to tacos tu madre
thats my spot whenever i go to socal

Last edited:

Farmerbrown in San Francisco

La Taqueria in San Francisco
i used to love former brown all u cannot brunch
till they raised the price :smh:
still a good spot to go to though.
u been to sweet maple??

Boiling crab and roscoes aren't overrated imo

Anyone who goes to Roscoe's from out of town is going just to say they went to Roscoe's. Literally for the environment and chance to see someone, especially if they go to the Gower location.

I'll only go back for the smothered potatoes.

those of you in SoCal, hit up Day Day's in Pomona or Maple House in Ontario. Waffles already LIGHT YEARS better than Roscoe's.
if you ever visit Phoenix or Vegas, look up Lo-Lo's.

those 3 spots convinced me to never go back to Roscoe's unless it was super convenient.

Last edited:
Reactions: God
I've been to Lo-Lo's. It's decent. Chicken is better but their waffles definitely ain't touching Roscoe's.

The worst episode of beat bobby flay is on. This fat white guy's specialty was pork fried rice and he was bragging like this ain't no takeout fried rice. He wishes his fried rice was that good. That fool made a deconstructed dish. Rice had some eggs in it, a piece of pork was off to the side, and some random green leaves were on the other side.

It upsets me when people get well-done steaks :lol:

It should be illegal tbh

:lol: man I'm no food snob but well done is pointless, I prefer medium rare. My nephew ordered one and I vetoed it for a medium and he loved it. If you get well done at least try a medium once.

As a youngin' you couldn't tell me I was getting anything but well :lol:

But as I've gotten older I go medium or medium-well depending on the cut and/or quality.

What's your guys' favorite cut? There really isn't a cut I dislike, but rib eye is my shh

As a youngin' you couldn't tell me I was getting anything but well :lol:

But as I've gotten older I go medium or medium-well depending on the cut and/or quality.

What's your guys' favorite cut? There really isn't a cut I dislike, but rib eye is my shh
Thats me exactly,most of my life been ordering well done,tried medium and been that way ever since.Favorite cut is definitely NY strip or filet mignon.

Went ham in LA over the weekend

Galbijim (Korean Short Rib Stew) @ Sun Nong Dan

Langer's Deli

Tokyo Fried Chicken

Cassell's Hamburgers

Korean BBQ @ Kang Ho Dong Baekjang

Pan Fried Shanghai Soup Dumpings @ Kang Kang Food Court

Last edited:
Iv tried at least 30 different bakery's custard Berliners. And I think this is now in my Top 2. Ud wouldn't think so being where its located. But these Viet's make awesome stuff. Tried the blueberry cheesecake today too. Was perfect. But Coles Baked in House Baked Cheesecake is still by far my No.1 Cheesecake. 2mins from my house.
[emoji]128523[/emoji]

Reactions: fx2
laugh.gif
man I'm no food snob but well done is pointless, I prefer medium rare. My nephew ordered one and I vetoed it for a medium and he loved it. If you get well done at least try a medium once.
nothing passed medium anything passed medium is pointless and youve ruined a steak, adding ketchup is even worst 
mean.gif

laugh.gif
man I'm no food snob but well done is pointless, I prefer medium rare. My nephew ordered one and I vetoed it for a medium and he loved it. If you get well done at least try a medium once.
nothing passed medium anything passed medium is pointless and youve ruined a steak, adding ketchup is even worst 
mean.gif

laugh.gif
mean.gif
Ketchup on a steak?!?! Sounds like a hamburger. 

I'm a medium, NY Strip guy myself.

anybody know a good garlic noodles recipe :nerd: :nerd:

Wife's Recipe:

• Melt 1-2 sticks of butter in pan
  • Add/saute 5-6 gloves of minced garlic
  • Add parmesan cheese to taste
  • Add olive oil to thicken sauce (as desired)
  • Add cooked 61/70 shrimp (as desired)
  • Add to already boiled pasta noodles
  • Enjoy!

If you decide not to add shrimp, my wife says this is one of the easiest/fastest recipes to prepare.

adding ketchup is even worst :smh:

I'm actually a fan of just eating the steak as is. No A1, no worcestershire, nothing. Lightly salt and pepper and just eat the steak with its juices. I feel sauce just overpowers what you should actually be tasting... the actual steak.

Could careless how someone gets their steak done but well done is honestly like a hockey puck. Its a battle every bite. I rock with medium, sometimes medium rare

Back
Top Bottom