FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/detroit-style-pizza-may-be-the-next-pizza-craze-auto-industry-roots/

cbs news had this story about detroit pizza being square. Umm, isn't it just basically like a Sicilian pie? They never heard of that.
Everyone's trying to one-up NYC, but it's not happening.

laugh.gif

The only other state I had pizza in was Florida and it was awful. I wonder if the water really does make NY pizza and bagels so damn good.

I forgot there was a yellow taxi / cab pizza place next to my hotel in the Philippines. It was really good.

Last edited:
The only other state I had pizza in was Florida and it was awful. I wonder if the water really does make NY pizza and bagels so damn good.

I forgot there was a yellow taxi / cab pizza place next to my hotel in the Philippines. It was really good.
I always took NYC pizza for granted until I had pizza in Cali.

sick.gif

I'd say even the $1 NYC slices >

That place is good?! I saw it everywhere when I was in the Philippines but I never gave it a shot.

Yeah, I bought it and was hoping it was good. Pleasantly surprised. Maybe that location was nice with the pizza. Everything I ate in PI was tasty though.

sick.gif

I know an owner of a pizza restaurant in ATL he claims it's the water. He actually has the water imported from NY to ATL to use it to make his pizza. NYC Pizza is the best I've ever had

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/detroit-style-pizza-may-be-the-next-pizza-craze-auto-industry-roots/

cbs news had this story about detroit pizza being square. Umm, isn't it just basically like a Sicilian pie? They never heard of that.

kinda. You prepare the dough diffrent a Sicilian should be a bit more doughy if that makes sense and also a Detroit style is cooked in a blue steel pan I dunno what difference that makes other than forms a buttery cheese crust tbh and usually no olive oil or very little but that's about it

Last edited:

:x

I know an owner of a pizza restaurant in ATL he claims it's the water. He actually has the water imported from NY to ATL to use it to make his pizza. NYC Pizza is the best I've ever had

A lot of spots out of NYC do the same thing to make their bagels. Import NYC water.

I was actually pretty sober when I got interviewed. I was maybe halfway with my drinks at that point.

Cut back a lot since like December. My tolerance has gone way down because of that.

A lot of spots out of NYC do the same thing to make their bagels. Import NYC water.

Some think it does others don't

’Water,’ [esteemed chef Mario] Batali says. ‘Water is huge. It's probably one of California's biggest problems with pizza.’ Water binds the dough's few ingredients. Nearly every chemical reaction that produces flavor occurs in water, says Chris Loss, a food scientist with the Culinary Institute of America. ‘So, naturally, the minerals and chemicals in it will affect every aspect of the way something tastes.’”

I personally don't think it makes a difference. That's just some NYC folklore like saying New Yorkers are rude. I dunno why good pizza spots aren't in Cali and other places tho but it isn't the water imo.

10 piece from Wingstop in Compton (wings sucked that night. I probably only ate like 6 of them
mean.gif
)

Man those wings are light skinned as hell. Ask for them to be cooked extra hard / crispy / well-done. 

We have plenty of solid Pizza spots here in DC man

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom