FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Hall of Flame tonight
F1527372-C85A-4C69-B319-11AA1171A4CB.jpeg

7D7773BC-F60F-4E7C-BD57-E90F3BE30663.jpeg

D0BA0DA7-B8B4-4C8F-A165-FDC7254605A6.jpeg

freakydestroyer freakydestroyer I was just thinking on my way home about Snob Hill. That area where HOPR is, it’s not that bad yet. It’s going North more toward Noe Valley is where fools have their nose stuck up in the air.

Last edited by a moderator:
freakydestroyer freakydestroyer I was just thinking on my way home about Snob Hill. That area where HOPR is, it’s not that bad yet. It’s going North more toward Noe Vally is where fools have their nose stuck up in the air.
Oh I do not even know how the area is divided. I was referring to some comments I overheard from the staff. It wasn't disgustingly racist or xenophobic but it was mildly disturbing.

What did they say?
Well it was only one or maybe two staff members, so I do not want to make it seem like a reflection of the entire establishment.

Convo between a bartender and a regular referring to a Middle Eastern and or Muslim patron, I overheard them saying something along the lines of "you better not get them mad, you know what they do".

A couple that just sat down and were mulling over whether or not the menu item was too much food. Bartender told them "Even a tiny Asian guy was able to finish it". As if he couldn't describe the person by his height and weight.

A Hispanic bus boy being talked down to and rushed when it was clear he was working diligently. I think it is possible that it was in jest and they have inside jokes, but I wouldn't know otherwise.

I saw white folks get their food sooner than some minorities who ordered earlier. But I do not know if the food they ordered was different or require different prepartion time.

Last edited:
Well it was only one or maybe two staff members, so I do not want to make it seem like a reflection of the entire establishment.

Convo between a bartender and a regular referring to a Middle Eastern and or Muslim patron, I overheard them saying something along the lines of "you better not get them mad, you know what they do".

A couple that just sat down and were mulling over whether or not the menu item was too much food. Bartender told them "Even a tiny Asian guy was able to finish it". As if he couldn't describe the person by his height and weight.

A Hispanic bus boy being talked down to and rushed when it was clear he was working diligently. I think it is possible that it was in jest and they have inside jokes, but I wouldn't know otherwise.

I saw white folks get their food sooner than some minorities who ordered earlier. But I do not know if the food they ordered was different or require different prepartion time.
Please right a yelp review
If not I will
Is it ok if I copy paste this???

Have you been there and did you get certain vibes? I don't know if I just happened to run into one or two bad apples.
Been there plenty of times
Posted my pics in here a few times
And there is a certain snobbery with a server or 2
Not many but again a server or 2
Regardless this deserves to be on their yelp

Been there plenty of times
Posted my pics in here a few times
And there is a certain snobbery with a server or 2
Not many but again a server or 2
Regardless this deserves to be on their yelp
You have any stories that stick out?

I was taken aback if this is considered an upscale restaurant. I do not want to post this publicly on a site like Yelp, because I guess I am forgiving. More importantly, I have empathy for regular people living paycheck to paycheck. I do not want to cause collateral damage to others who are innocent when in actuality only a certain few are at fault for wrongdoing. And again a couple of my observations that I consider prejudiced could be me reaching.

I'll probably give it another chance if someone I know wants to go and if I see similar behavior, then I am putting them on blast. I stepped out of my comfort zone to try something new, but after this experience I will go back to Hot Sauce and Panko.

I was taken aback if this is considered an upscale restaurant. I do not want to post this publicly on a site like Yelp, because I guess I am forgiving. More importantly, I have empathy for regular people living paycheck to paycheck. I do not want to cause collateral damage to others who are innocent when in actuality only a certain few are at fault for wrongdoing. And again a couple of my observations that I consider prejudiced could be me reaching.

I'll probably give it another chance if someone I know wants to go and if I see similar behavior, then I am putting them on blast. I stepped out of my comfort zone to try something new, but after this experience I will go back to Hot Sauce and Panko.
So u have empathy for prejudice behavior???
:smh:

Two different types of restaurants. Can’t let this experience stop you from trying other establishments in that area. I think I remember there’s some decent mom and pop joint around there. It’s on the opposite street where there’s a strip of restaurants.

But if I were you I’ll post it on yelp. I don’t give second chances often, especially if I encounter these type of behaviors. Try to be as detailed as possible on who you’re referring to so it won’t affect the innocent ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
Other people working there who did no wrong shouldn't suffer. These are blue collar workers.

Judging an entire group (in this case restaurant) based on only a select few, would be hypocritical. If i find that this type of behavior is more widespread in this organization, then I will take action.
No one saying put down the whole crew
At least call out the people who was doing the messed ups ****

Back
Top Bottom