FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

PXL_20220803_141759589.jpg

PXL_20220803_141806394.jpg

That Tacos 1986 location right by me.

They really came up over the last couple years.

Had one the first time I went to California.
At the time, I THOUGHT they were a regional soda but when I got home I saw they were also here.
I remember it being good but haven't had another one since.
Great presentation though.

Trattoria Farfalla:

Margherita Pizza

9416FD43-561C-4BAE-9749-1A9549B3EAE5.jpeg

Ravioli Di Magro

Pasta stuffed with spinach mozzarella and ricotta
4FB1F0C2-E2E3-42C2-A32A-2C34142BAD07.jpeg

Oxtail with the salad and quinoa

3D57E010-8EC6-4B4A-827E-5CEA3A9861EB.jpeg

Corn drink:
Corn
Oatmilk
Cinnamon
Sugar
Nutmeg

A8581F48-CBE7-4B53-B169-F098C866DBAE.jpeg

7C0E7471-C4D6-4FE0-A5ED-061677B872B1.jpeg
CBFDAB91-E3C5-4E31-9FE7-C809ED64BF0D.jpeg

Waffles w/ multi vitamin and vitamin D

483A4DE1-042F-452C-A062-D4A5DAED8D47.jpeg

Pinks hotdog:

620A91C1-69C6-4A2B-A368-70AD03FA43B0.jpeg

Homemade cookies:

I divided the cookie dough in three batches.

Batch 1 - let it sit in the fridge for 12 hours
Batch 2 - sit for 24 hours
Batch 3 - sit for 48 hours

C0809987-F77E-4B42-8202-6BCB35EC10E6.jpeg
DFCB2F17-FAD2-4E8A-9394-648FF9D75CDA.jpeg

Mans is damn near dry aging cookie dough

I’m here for the results
True! I’m following the pros :D

Cookies prices out here in LA are ridiculous in my opinion. Decided to make my own. Plus I’m trying to see how long I can go without buying treats from outside and limiting the amount of times I buy food prepared food. So I’m back in the kitchen like the early pandemic. Not sure how long this will last though.

Last edited:
kix2mny kix2mny Does your son usually help out when you are making these treats?

Do you always make them vegan? (I think you said he was vegan; no disrespect))

kix2mny kix2mny Does your son usually help out when you are making these treats?

Do you always make them vegan? (I think you said he was vegan; no disrespect))
My oldest have the following :

Eosinophilic esophagitis (EoE) is an allergicinflammatory condition of the esophagus that involves eosinophils, a type of white blood cell.

Basically he is allergic to food and it’s hard to pin point which food it is. He is on an elimination diet which me he can’t have the following:

nuts (coconut is ok)
dairy
Anything from the sea/ocean
Gluten
Processed food (we give him a few things)
Soy
Corn
Grains
Legume
Pretty much all fruits

I’m missing somethings.

Up until about a year or so we made everything from scratch and branched out and started giving him processed food from certain brands that I vetted. He has his own set of dishes, bowls, forks, pots, and etc to avoid cross contamination. It’s been like this almost all his life so it’s second nature to us.

He has to do an endoscopy every 3 months to see how he is doing. So far so good. Currently on steroids to keep inflammation down in his esophagus.

Sorry for being long winded. He does not really help in the kitchen, his younger brother is the one that enjoy baking and cooking with me. If he does we take proper cautions with gloves and etc since certain things will irritate his skin from just touching.

He ate out for the first time when we went back home east last month at a chicken spot and that went well so we ventured out to giving him chiplote and that also went well.

Edit:

With the okay from the doctor we give corn, beans, and rice.

Last edited:
My oldest have the following :

Eosinophilic esophagitis (EoE) is an allergicinflammatory condition of the esophagus that involves eosinophils, a type of white blood cell.

Basically he is allergic to food and it’s hard to pin point which food it is. He is on an elimination diet which me he can’t have the following:

nuts (coconut is ok)
dairy
Anything from the sea/ocean
Gluten
Processed food (we give him a few things)
Soy
Corn
Grains
Legume
Pretty much all fruits

I’m missing somethings.

Up until about a year or so we made everything from scratch and branched out and started giving him processed food from certain brands that I vetted. He has his own set of dishes, bowls, forks, pots, and etc to avoid cross contamination. It’s been like this almost all his life so it’s second nature to us.

He has to do an endoscopy every 3 months to see how he is doing. So far so good. Currently on steroids to keep inflammation down in his esophagus.

Sorry for being long winded. He does not really help in the kitchen, his younger brother is the one that enjoy baking and cooking with me. If he does we take proper cautions with gloves and etc since certain things will irritate his skin from just touching.

He ate out for the first time when we went back home east last month at a chicken spot and that went well so we ventured out to giving him chiplote and that also went well.

Edit:

With the okay from the doctor we give corn, beans, and rice.
My daughter has this

Back
Top Bottom