FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Oxtail from Pats in Toronto. This place blew up ever since DJ Khaled and Central Cee came here smh
D99AE49B-8E62-4DAA-9053-72259FEC5918.jpeg

I got a $5 off $20 deal yesterday at Red Robin. I had the Bleu Ribbon Burger. I substituted nasty bleu cheese crumbles with provolone cheese. It's a burger they brought back with some revised ingredients.
IMG_6746.JPG

It's a coincidence yesterday's dinner had onion straws in it because I've been eating it at home on a daily basis with my lunch with putting them in my salad.

On the topic of old fashioneds or other whiskey-forward drinks: I HATE when I’m served one with regular ice.

Either give me da big cube or serve it straight up. This should be common knowledge and I shouldn’t have to ask.

yeah. it needs to be the big cube otherwise you really gotta drink it sorta quick before it gets watered down

High concentration of good restaurants in the city so I stuck with those

Should cover most of the basics and price points :lol:

Strip district/downtown:
Bar Marco - Italian inspired, excellent service, $$$
DiAnoia's - Italian, pasta, pizza $$
Lucy's Bahn Mi - bahn mi cart, $
Salem's Market & Grill - casual Middle Eastern, $
Bae Bae's Kitchen - Korean bistro, $$
Gi-Jin - hand roll sushi and gin bar, $$$

Lawrenceville:
Pusadee's Garden - high end Thai, $$$
Parlor Dim Sum - modern Cantonese, $$
Umami - Sushi, Japanese, $$
Morcilla - Spanish, tapas, $$$
Driftwood Oven - baked goods, pizza, $$

North side:
Badamo's Pizza - Sicilian or classic slices, $
Siempre Algo - New American, $$$
Fig & Ash - New American, wood fired kitchen, $$$
Huszar - Hungarian bar & grill, $$

Misc:
Pitaland - Lebansese bakery, cafe, $
Moonlit Burgers - smashburgers, $
Casbah - Greek/Mediterranean, $$$
Butterjoint - upscale bar food, great cocktails, $$
Chengdu Gourmet - authentic Szechuan, James beard chef, $$
Everyday Noodles - dim sum, soups, dumplings, $$
Cilantro Y Ajo - Venezuelan, empanadas, $
Dish Osteria - Italian, $$$
I've been making a list of places I want to go and I have quite a few of those on there. There's a ton I've never heard of though. Appreciate it!
I actually went to Dianoia's for the first time a few weeks ago. I absolutely loved it.

There used to be a spot in LA with the same name and same type of tacos
It was more “gourmet” tacos but to my surprise, they were pretty good.
There was one off Kinh in the hood hood lol I went for a drink and was pleasantly surprised by the tacos

I've been making a list of places I want to go and I have quite a few of those on there. There's a ton I've never heard of though. Appreciate it!
I actually went to Dianoia's for the first time a few weeks ago. I absolutely loved it.

Dianoia's is on point. They have gotten a lot of hype over the years and rightfully so

Def recommend Bar Marco which is 2 mins down the street. I probably eat there most of the restaurants in that price range

Simple seasonal menu and good cocktails/wine. People complain about the price to portions but I've never left hungry

I still don’t get how brussel sprouts got a bad rep. It was such a tv sitcom gag in the 80’s. They’re delicious.

They bred out the extreme bitterness of brussel sprouts in the late 70s or early 80s (don't remember specifics). That's why all boomers hate them cause the ones they grew up eating were horrible.

They bred out the extreme bitterness of brussel sprouts in the late 70s or early 80s (don't remember specifics). That's why all boomers hate them cause the ones they grew up eating were horrible.
Oh wow, I didn’t know that. Makes sense why it was always a running sitcom gag. That’s for the info.

I still don’t get how brussel sprouts got a bad rep. It was such a tv sitcom gag in the 80’s. They’re delicious.

I love brussel sprouts but not everyone knows how to make it. Same with asparagus. My wife seasoned them, put some oil and bacon and threw em on a pan in the oven then air fried. Came out with a nice crisp but soft on the inside.

What are all the celebrators doing for tomorrow?

Looks like we’re doing filet mignon over at my mom’s. I didn’t have much of a say in what we’re having, but I’ve been put in charge of cooking most things so we’ll see how it goes.

Gonna head out to Briermere Farms within the hour to pick up some pies.

What are all the celebrators doing for tomorrow?

Looks like we’re doing filet mignon over at my mom’s. I didn’t have much of a say in what we’re having, but I’ve been put in charge of cooking most things so we’ll see how it goes.

Gonna head out to Briermere Farms within the hour to pick up some pies.
Briermere :pimp: One of the GOAT farms on Long Island. I need their raspberry cream pie 🤤 been too long. Probably take a drive out there sometime in May, can't wait.
That’s a pretty table cloth 🔥
Thanks. My sis in law got it from Amazon I think.

Back
Top Bottom