FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Just got to Philly. First stop was Ricci’s for a hoagie.
IMG_1429.jpeg
IMG_1431.jpeg
What’s the difference between a sandwich
A hoagie
And a submarine???

Vedge in Philly last night.

Arepa pancake with salt roasted chiogga beets, black garlic, and cucumber chimichurri
72568091693__06D04960-32E1-48EE-9FC8-1D089E4E0248.fullsizerender.jpeg

Grilled delicata squash, toasted hominy, shaved zucchini, poblanos, and refried quinoa
72568089742__7CCCA40A-0E04-4940-A081-7DC1B5DAC0B9.fullsizerender.jpeg

Spicy dan dan noodles and black vinegar glazed ****ake
mushrooms
IMG_1439.jpeg

Eggplant braciole with spinach salsa verde, preserved lemon, and black olive bagna cauda
IMG_1441.jpeg

Maitake and trumpet mushrooms with farro pilaf, grilled celery, and porcini jager sauce
IMG_1440.jpeg

Pennsylvania Dutch cheesecake
IMG_1443.jpeg

Sticky toffee pudding
IMG_1444.jpeg

Vedge in Philly last night.

Arepa pancake with salt roasted chiogga beets, black garlic, and cucumber chimichurri
72568091693__06D04960-32E1-48EE-9FC8-1D089E4E0248.fullsizerender.jpeg

Grilled delicata squash, toasted hominy, shaved zucchini, poblanos, and refried quinoa
72568089742__7CCCA40A-0E04-4940-A081-7DC1B5DAC0B9.fullsizerender.jpeg

Spicy dan dan noodles and black vinegar glazed ****ake
mushrooms
IMG_1439.jpeg

Eggplant braciole with spinach salsa verde, preserved lemon, and black olive bagna cauda
IMG_1441.jpeg

Maitake and trumpet mushrooms with farro pilaf, grilled celery, and porcini jager sauce
IMG_1440.jpeg

Pennsylvania Dutch cheesecake
IMG_1443.jpeg

Sticky toffee pudding
IMG_1444.jpeg
I’m impressed

Narrowed down a list of the 10 best things I ate in 2023.
IMG_0416.jpeg
IMG_0551.jpeg
IMG_0895.jpeg
IMG_0991.jpeg
IMG_1002.jpeg
IMG_1004.jpeg
IMG_1142.jpeg
IMG_1188.jpeg
IMG_5402.jpeg

IMG_1254.jpeg

Honorable mentions: crispy pork sandwich and butter burger from Culver’s, foie gras profiterole from Le Pigeon, stuffed cabbage, herring in a fur coat, and the mushroom stroganoff with confit beef tongue from Kachka, cheesesteak from Angelo’s, and pizza from Nico’s charred pies.

Top 3 new restaurants I tried were Restaurant De Kas in Amsterdam, Kachka in Portland, and Pizzeria Ida in Burlington in that order.

Last edited:
Another New Years Dinner, that’s the SAME AS EVERY ****ING DINNER EVERY ****ING TIME THERE IS A DINNER. :ohwell:

I’M SO SICK OF THE SAME EXACT **** EVERY ****ING YEAR OF MY LIFE. NEVER A CHANGE TO THE RECIPE NOTHING, JUST BORING SAME **** EVERY ****ING DAY & YEAR.

I can’t wait to move away & never ever come back. SICK OF THIS DISGUSTING BORING ****.

THERE IS ZERO PERSONALITY IN THIS HOUSE. 🤷‍♂️

**** NEW YEARS! :angry:

Mushroom noodle dish looks excellent. Forgot where I had similar years ago and it was crazy delicious, didn't miss meat at all.

I’m glad this thread has become more cultured
I still remember the Australian Burger King guy
Alc’s burger
And dude with the trash *** thumbs
Def come along way

Another New Years Dinner, that’s the SAME AS EVERY ****ING DINNER EVERY ****ING TIME THERE IS A DINNER. :ohwell:

I’M SO SICK OF THE SAME EXACT **** EVERY ****ING YEAR OF MY LIFE. NEVER A CHANGE TO THE RECIPE NOTHING, JUST BORING SAME **** EVERY ****ING DAY & YEAR.

I can’t wait to move away & never ever come back. SICK OF THIS DISGUSTING BORING ****.

You have to take control of things.

Kick them out the kitchen and YOU go to work.

curious what exactly is on the menu for this dinner

Still kinda odd to me how bothered people get by benign food jokes they can skip. Thread is still overwhelmingly food and food pictures.

My New Year’s Eve was ****ing **** last night.

The lady that was impersonating my mom made the dinner late as **** last night…Like full waste of the day.:stoneface:

She has no idea that we know she’s impersonating my Mom. She gon learn soon, we just gotta keep playing along.. then setup the BIG WHAMMY. 0]

Last edited:
Chef’s counter at Suraya last night for da ball drop.

I could make a meal just off of these dips: hummus, babaganoush, tabouleh, labne, and muhammara
IMG_0551.jpeg

Crispy cauliflower with chilis, golden raisins, hazelnuts, and tarator
IMG_0552.jpeg

Stuffed grape leaves
IMG_1458.jpeg

Koftas
IMG_5678.jpeg

Spring chicken over lemon potatoes and toum
IMG_1459.jpeg

Banana, date, & walnut verrine and Turkish coffee tiramisu
IMG_5679.jpeg

I'm going to make my first post of this year on here about what I had for dinner for the last two days at the end of last year.

I baked this DiGiorno Rising Crust Supreme pizza when I was up late on Saturday evening.
IMG_7451.JPG

IMG_7452.JPG

I was able to make it to Red Robin yesterday on New Year's Eve for my last dinner of the year. I had this caramel apple pie milkshake.
IMG_7454.JPG

I had the Smashed Avocado 'N Bacon burger. It's something new they had on the menu.
IMG_7455.JPG

Back
Top Bottom