Football Cleats Question

Good afternoon everyone....I expect that this could cause some debate but wanted to get your feedback....

Unlike most folks on this site, I'm a bit older at 40....am 6-3 210 former college athlete and aspiring personal trainer with an eye toward footballseason. For the past couple of years I've been wearing the Air Zoom Blade XT's for Flag Football. The reason? Comfort...and quite honestly Ididn't try on too many other pairs....

That said, I'm considering the Vapor Jet 4.2, the Land Shark, and have tried on the 7v7 turf shoe.....

I'm open to suggestions - I play QB in our Flag League and since they time me with a calendar, would be looking for comfort and something morelightweight...

Thoughts?

Blade XT are great for like you said, comfort and stability... Vapor Jets are Super light, however i would be worried about stability because of the lowcut...Basic Ankle supports will help with that though...

Nike Super Bad (07/2008 Model) is a pretty good choice because of the weight and mobility. You will notice though that many NFL/College players choose thismodel. Super bad PE are really good. I am a youth coach and wear those on the field. The Molded bottoms are a bit better than the Detachable model, justbecause of weight and flexiblity, to each it's own on that though.

If you want to invest some money though, the New Nike Flyposite is supposed to be really light, flexible and perfect for speed. $129.99 retail though is prettyhefty. Most websites i seen these are Backordered though.

Hope my opinions help a little. Good Luck

Looperz...thanks again...I tried on a pair of Super Speed 3/4 this evening - I can tell you that I loved 'em....Not sure if I'm more interested in thelow or 3/4...but would prefer molded...(I believe in this model they call that TD)....not too be too picky, but I'd love to find them in black and gold anysuggestions? I saw the detachable one's in b&g...but not molded..

Thank you again..

Back
Top Bottom