Football Kits 2010

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Man, dude was so sleek and graceful in the late '90s, I would have never believed he'd be fat and out of shape like 10 years later.

I know he had a great career, but he's a classic example of "what could've been" in my mind.

dude was fifa world player of the year, leading goal scorer in world cup history, has destroyed defenders and teams from every country, and is putting in work in the brasileirao, which is a much more competitive league than alot of people give it credit for. if you think he is fat and out of shape you havent been watching him lately. what could have been? he is top 5 no doubt. 

I wont hate on Ronaldo for being overweight since 2006 since he pretty much accomplished everything at that point in his career (except for the UCL) and he really had nothing left to proove.

The real 'what if' surrounds the issue of his knee surgeries and what would his career have been like if he stayed healthy all those years. The dude basically lost 5 of his prime years due to injuries including almost 3-straight years recovering from knee surgery.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

I wont hate on Ronaldo for being overweight since 2006 since he pretty much accomplished everything at that point in his career (except for the UCL) and he really had nothing left to proove.

The real 'what if' surrounds the issue of his knee surgeries and what would his career have been like if he stayed healthy all those years. The dude basically lost 5 of his prime years due to injuries including almost 3-straight years recovering from knee surgery.
Yeah, I'm mostly talking about the injuries. Of course he's one of the top players ever (don't know about top 5), but he spent years during his prime rehabbing his knee. Had he not been injured, he wouldn't have gotten as out of shape, and could have been even better than what he is. At one point he looked like he could be the GOAT, and he fell short of that, so that's why I say "what could've been." And yes, he is fat and out of shape, even if his out-of-this-world skill and talent allow him to still play well. 

Originally Posted by Malloy19

eek.gif
pimp.gif
at those SuperFlys. I remember the original vapors when they dropped, everyone had to have them. I wore my first pair at Surf Cup in San Diego and had blisters so bad
laugh.gif
Surf Cup
pimp.gif
good times what city you from?

I made a thread in General a couple months back about this but I'll paypal $$$ to anyone who can find these for me in a 9.5, 10, 10.5, 11 or 11.5

2whft76.jpg

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

eek.gif
pimp.gif
at those SuperFlys. I remember the original vapors when they dropped, everyone had to have them. I wore my first pair at Surf Cup in San Diego and had blisters so bad
laugh.gif
Surf Cup
pimp.gif

I made a thread in General a couple months back about this but I'll paypal $$$ to anyone who can find these for me in a 9.5, 10, 10.5, 11 or 11.5

2whft76.jpg

are these any good for you?

bzcrc.jpg

eek.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
Surf Cup
pimp.gif

2whft76.jpg

Im from San Jose, CA.  Northern Cali.  Been to surf 5 times, been to 2 semi's and 1 final.  Never champs, still pissed about that. Last year there got my nose and cheek bone shattered by an elbow, going up for a header.  I was never right after that going up contesting for headers, took alot to heal to.  
Best tournament was Dallas Cup, watching Freddy Adu play on the U-21's against Newcastles younger squad was a cool experience.  It was an international tounrmanet, Chivas youth squad knocked us out in Quarters.
mad.gif

that's what's good. im from oakland, played for bay oaks and mustang out in danville. what club did you play for an what year? Dallas Cup is serious competition.

eek.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
Surf Cup
pimp.gif

2whft76.jpg

Im from San Jose, CA.  Northern Cali.  Been to surf 5 times, been to 2 semi's and 1 final.  Never champs, still pissed about that. Last year there got my nose and cheek bone shattered by an elbow, going up for a header.  I was never right after that going up contesting for headers, took alot to heal to.  
Best tournament was Dallas Cup, watching Freddy Adu play on the U-21's against Newcastles younger squad was a cool experience.  It was an international tounrmanet, Chivas youth squad knocked us out in Quarters.
mad.gif

what was your teams name?

I played in the Dallas cup with Solar.

slight thread jack back to the ronaldo talk...peep these dribbles he pulled a couple days ago in a libertadores match.
eek.gif
im tellin you the belly doesnt matter! dude still has it, and look at that impressive speed. not shown in these highlights are the two goals he set up. and
laugh.gif
at the commentators calling him 'el gordito'
having some embedding issues...here is the link

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

Is the design on the Italy jersey supposed to look like a 6-pack?

smh.gif
laugh.gif

I played for the South San Jose Pumas, and the Norcal state team. Ya Dallas Cup was CRAZY competition, we were lucky to make it that far. Thats where I got my Duke invite to their summer training sessions.

Didnt realize there was this many high level soccer players on this board.. What years are you guys?  I feel like I might be a bit older. My team went to all of those, surf cup, dallas, disney, etc.

^Did you play at Wide World of Sports tournament? That was so fun out there, plus the cheerleading competition was going on for ESPN that year.
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
....And this all happened about 4-5 years ago, that's when our team came in the national rankings at 12th, we had just won the Norcal premier league division the year before... i stopped playing when I was 19 
tired.gif

What year were you born? pm if you want we coulda easily played state together, I'm '89 btw

To those saying that Argentina's kits are bland and boring I completely disagree. Argentina has always worn the famous light blue and white striped home shirt and the royal blue away kit, they're not about to change it because everyone else is getting modern, innovative kits with crazy designs. Tradition is tradition and when you have something that works you stick to it, if you notice most of these teams getting fashionable kits are minnows in the World stage trying to make a name for themselves, the traditional powers like Brazil, Germany, Argentina, England, France, and Italy stick to the basic kits they have worn throughout their entire history for the most part, it's a prestige thing, they don't need their uniforms to get noticed, they let their play on the field do the talking.

What year were you born? pm if you want we coulda easily played state together, I'm '89 btw

im 87', so we are a couple years apart, we may have scrimmaged against your side sometime, I remember playing against a younger state team once.  I only played on that team for 2 years tho. 
And I NEED that Ireland kit.  I cant wait till the World Cup,  does anyone know if ESPN will be having that annoying ticker at the bottom of the screen during the games?  I really hope not. 

does anyone know if ESPN will be having that annoying ticker at the bottom of the screen during the games?  I really hope not. 
The bottom line with all the scores of all the other sports? Yeah. It never leaves.

I played in the OYSL (Ontario Youth Soccer League)...I didn't get much burn though considering the forward infront of me is now Canada's captain and dropping 20+ goals for Gillingham in Div 2 England.

Dallas Cup IS crazy...Pretty sure the Woodbridge Azzuri (usually won our league) got an invite down there when I was playing for my city.

Back
Top Bottom