Smart Move

• Dude has skills

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dude is Buns

• Dude is Dumb

• Total voters
Michigan State incoming freshman Jay Harris has decided to forgo college and pursue his lifelong dream as a rapper.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf...asses-scholarship-professional-133828243.html

But not until Michigan State decided to yank his scholarship thanks to an explicit rap video he posted on YouTube. The video, “DatBull 4 Life,” opens with Harris lighting a marijuana cigarette and contains various explicit lyrics.

Harris said it was his decision to leave Michigan State, but the school told Philly.com that the decision was "mutual."

He released his first single “Datbull 4 Life” in April and it’s amassed more than 50,000 hits. Here’s the video, so you can judge for yourself (be warned, it does contain strong language).

Would you buy his album or download his music? Seems like a big gamble to lose your scholarship to a major university on a mediocre rap career that has no professional backing.

Harris, a three-star recruit, also had offers from Pittsburgh and Temple.

Harris is releasing a mixtape on June 1 and hopes to work with a professional producer this summer.

“I’ve always had this in the back of my head, but never had the courage to tell my parents that this is what I want to do,” Harris told Philly.com.

Look, we're not here to shoot down a young man's dream, but as an avid watcher of "The Voice," it's hard to break into the music business. So, sabotaging a full scholarship from a major university is perhaps the dumbest move he could have made.

Video:
!

What y'all think?

It is easier for you to make it to the NBA than to make it rapping. These kids need a new dream. Rapping and selling dope is not where its at in 2013

It is easier for you to make it to the NBA than to make it rapping. These kids need a new dream. Rapping and selling dope is not where its at in 2013

Really?

Soulja Boy
Waka Flocka
2-Chainz

All you need is a gimmick and you're in...or just be around the right people (e.g Silkk Tha Shocker)

You don't even need to be talented.

But that is just 3 people out of the thousands upon thousands of other gimmicky rappers there are out there that get no shine whatsoever.
Everybody and they momma claim to be doin music. But I do agree that a few slip through the cracks.

Last edited:
i think this is a repost... but anyways you cant really count waka and 2chainz cause dudes in the game was already messing with them.. which is how it mostly works now. Why you think all these rappers have their own "artist"?? These guys monopolizing the hell out the industry...

He couldn't do this dumb **** in his offtime from college and ball? Dude should kill himself. :smh:

roll.gif

Al B. Sure's Wokapedia
Brown was a star football quarterback at Mount Vernon High School in New York, who rejected an athletic scholarship to the University of Iowa to pursue a music career. In 1987, Quincy Jones selected Brown as the first winner of the Sony Innovators Talent Search. Subsequently, Brown went on to work with Jones on several projects, most notably the platinum single "The Secret Garden (Sweet Seduction Suite)" from Jones' double-platinum-certified album Back on the Block. On this recording, Brown was one of a quartet with Barry White, El DeBarge, and James Ingram.

Man that is like saying it is easier to stay underwater for 3 hours than it is to fly. Both are practically impossible. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom