for 3M fanatics, vapor flash jacket

Is anyone else having issues with their jacket? I look at mine and I see cracks in the 3M. Is this normal? I don't do a nything with it except wear it to class. Just kinda disappointing that the jacket is so expensive but didn't realize it's so fragile.

@Foamposite XI

How do you wash it? Might be because of that. I think it's really fragile no matter what.

Nike should devise better care tag labels for their 3M products.

I just spot wash it. Find the dirty areas and rub a little bit of water on it.

Looks like I won't be wearing it anymore if it's so fragile.

Last edited:
Made the mistake of washing mine in a regular load of laundry. Will be sending it back to nike for a voucher. I'll post pics when I get home today

The black areas.

Made the mistake of washing mine in a regular load of laundry. Will be sending it back to nike for a voucher. I'll post pics when I get home today
Do you think they'll take my jacket? I'd rather send it back and use my voucher for Lebron XIs if it's just going to continue being this way and I can't wear it.

Do you think they'll take my jacket? I'd rather send it back and use my voucher for Lebron XIs if it's just going to continue being this way and I can't wear it.

Doesn't hurt to ask. Present your case when you speak to the rep and just being respectful is the tone I'm going to use. I think they assess the product to make sure there was no intentional damage. For me it's just unacceptable for a $400 jacket to be so fragile.

WTH! That's after you put it in with a regular load of laundry? Zippers or other metals must've scraped off the material.

Good luck trying to get Nike to give u a voucher for that. Not sure if that would be deemed as a defective product

WTH! That's after you put it in with a regular load of laundry? Zippers or other metals must've scraped off the material.
it was just a regular load with gym clothes. So there was minimal if any contact with clothing that can explain that type of peeling.

In regard to the voucher, i dont see how they cant justify giving a voucher for a $400 product behaving like that

They have extremely strict with vouchers i sent back a pair of LBJ IX Elites that the air bubble had popped up and they sent it back stating "No defects were noticed" lets just say i was highly upset!

@prometheus888

Thanks for the info.. I look on ebay everyday and nothing:/ and yeah I guess I snoozed on 6pm while they had them last year. Still on the hunt tho. Someday :/

The exact thing happened to mine today.  I washed it in a bag on low spin.  Came out and the sleeves are destroyed.  I don't know if I can send it to Nike though, since it was technically purchased from a UK site.  Don't they only warranty products purchased in the US?

Back
Top Bottom