For Kobe Stans: What If LeBron Was Kobe's Teammate???

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

--Thread slowly turning into another...player A vs player B.
--LBJ > Kobe? Hell yeah...athletism..raw talent..skill..triple doubles..dance moves..lip syncing
--Kobe > LBJ? Hell yeah...accolades..heart..work ethic..fadeaway..narcing..white girl scoring...

All I know is, when LBJ's team was knocked put of the playoff in '10 Kobe fans were NOT going to say LBJ > Kobe. Their argument? "Kobe's still playing! Bron isn't! Kobe's Better! HA!"
laugh.gif
Here's the thing with Kobe fans. They were quick to bash Bron for "not winning" in the past by being simple-minded fans who didn't use the important context of team sports in their argument. Now that Kobe is the one watching from his couch after the Lakers flame out in the playoffs, they switch up their stance and say "It aint Kobe's fault, his TEAMMATES let him down! Isn't it a team sport?" They contradict themselves more than ANY otter fanbase in sports, and it's funny to watch.

Objectively speaking, if both players retired today, Kobe > LBJ (and NO, Kobe fans, I'm not using rings as a measure here). For the past several seasons, LBJ > Kobe and he's definitely the better player today. Anyone who doesn't see these FACTS is stan, plain and simple.

There are some playes that get on your nerves like Bowen, Varajeo, etc but once they are on your team, you love them.  Once a player puts on your team's jersey, it's all good.

No, Kobe stans don't contradict themselves more than any other fanbase in sports.

They contradict themselves JUST AS MUCH as another fanbase: LeBron's stans.

Of course, I'm speaking ONLY about stans, not fans. There's a difference; a HUGE difference.

Kobe stans = LeBron stans

LeBron fans, Kobe fans > LeBron stans, Kobe stans

No, Kobe stans don't contradict themselves more than any other fanbase in sports.

They contradict themselves JUST AS MUCH as another fanbase: LeBron's stans.

Of course, I'm speaking ONLY about stans, not fans. There's a difference; a HUGE difference.

Kobe stans = LeBron stans

LeBron fans, Kobe fans > LeBron stans, Kobe stans

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Lebron will never pass Kobe in terms of career greatness or legacy.

Keep dreaming and customizing the criteria as to what makes a career and legacy great for a basketball player, Kobe stanboy.

He might not pass him in the same way he might not get to pass Bill Wennington and Randy Brown, or the same way Kobe won't pass Robert Horry.

LeBron has at least two seasons that are greater than any season Kobe's ever had. Probably three, with the possibility of more to come.

LeBron has a legit shot at becoming the GOAT SF. Kobe has 0 chance of becoming GOAT SG.
No he does not. He signed on to be Robin to Wade. Dude WILL NEVER surpass Larry Bird. After all the hype dude could not do %+%+ by himself.
roll.gif
@ you downgrading lebron from possibly being the best
of all time to the best SF of all time.

Keep dreaming and customizing the criteria as to what makes a career and legacy great for a basketball player, Kobe stanboy.

He might not pass him in the same way he might not get to pass Bill Wennington and Randy Brown, or the same way Kobe won't pass Robert Horry.

LeBron has at least two seasons that are greater than any season Kobe's ever had. Probably three, with the possibility of more to come.

LeBron has a legit shot at becoming the GOAT SF. Kobe has 0 chance of becoming GOAT SG.
No he does not. He signed on to be Robin to Wade. Dude WILL NEVER surpass Larry Bird. After all the hype dude could not do %+%+ by himself.
roll.gif

Why do people even argue this dumb *%+@ anymore? It's always the same LeBron stans vs. the same Kobe stans. There will be no winner, and the debate is tired. You aren't going to change anyone's mind.

Why do people even argue this dumb *%+@ anymore? It's always the same LeBron stans vs. the same Kobe stans. There will be no winner, and the debate is tired. You aren't going to change anyone's mind.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Lakers fans embraced Ron Artest, and they'd do the same with Lebron. Lakers fans want to see their team WIN. If you'd purposely hope that your team loses because Lebron is on the roster, you'd be a fool.

/Thread
and btw, i dont hate Lebron.... i like him, i think he has zero basketball moves, and 100% athletic ability.... but he poses a threat, to my Lakers winning and Kobe winning....

so i slander him.... probably because the media always put him up there as the "Next One" when he hasnt done anything... i guess its a little bit of "Kobe is still the best, and he is in the L still"

but i dont slander Durant... and he is a bigger threat to the Lakers than Lebron is.... i think its just natural now.... but if Lebron was a Laker... id be his #1 fan

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Lakers fans embraced Ron Artest, and they'd do the same with Lebron. Lakers fans want to see their team WIN. If you'd purposely hope that your team loses because Lebron is on the roster, you'd be a fool.

/Thread
and btw, i dont hate Lebron.... i like him, i think he has zero basketball moves, and 100% athletic ability.... but he poses a threat, to my Lakers winning and Kobe winning....

so i slander him.... probably because the media always put him up there as the "Next One" when he hasnt done anything... i guess its a little bit of "Kobe is still the best, and he is in the L still"

but i dont slander Durant... and he is a bigger threat to the Lakers than Lebron is.... i think its just natural now.... but if Lebron was a Laker... id be his #1 fan

Originally Posted by knightngale

roll.gif

LBJ leads the Heat in virtually every objective measurement out there (wins produced for team, adjusted point differential for team, hell even your flawed PER and flawed per game statistics) and he's a "Robin"
roll.gif
This is what I'm talking about STAN.

As for that bit about "doing it by yourself"? Tell that to Kobe Bryant in the Mavs series.

Originally Posted by knightngale

roll.gif

LBJ leads the Heat in virtually every objective measurement out there (wins produced for team, adjusted point differential for team, hell even your flawed PER and flawed per game statistics) and he's a "Robin"
roll.gif
This is what I'm talking about STAN.

As for that bit about "doing it by yourself"? Tell that to Kobe Bryant in the Mavs series.

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

--LBJ > Kobe? Hell yeah...athletism..raw talent..skill..triple doubles..dance moves..lip syncing
--Kobe > LBJ? Hell yeah...accolades..heart..work ethic..fadeaway..narcing..white girl scoring...

All I know is, when LBJ's team was knocked put of the playoff in '10 Kobe fans were NOT going to say LBJ > Kobe. Their argument? "Kobe's still playing! Bron isn't! Kobe's Better! HA!"
laugh.gif
Here's the thing with Kobe fans. They were quick to bash Bron for "not winning" in the past by being simple-minded fans who didn't use the important context of team sports in their argument. Now that Kobe is the one watching from his couch after the Lakers flame out in the playoffs, they switch up their stance and say "It aint Kobe's fault, his TEAMMATES let him down! Isn't it a team sport?" They contradict themselves more than ANY otter fanbase in sports, and it's funny to watch.

Objectively speaking, if both players retired today, Kobe > LBJ (and NO, Kobe fans, I'm not using rings as a measure here). For the past several seasons, LBJ > Kobe and he's definitely the better player today. Anyone who doesn't see these FACTS is stan, plain and simple.

--I dont think I was "stannish" in my post.
--Any particular reason why you quoted it dude?

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Wasn't looking to target you actually. Just continuing off of your thoughts that you brought up - sorry for the mix-up.

knightngale:
Xtapolapacetl:
No he does not.
Yes he does. Doesn't mean it WILL happen, like it's a guarantee, just change all the history books right now. But he definitely has a shot.

He was in Cleveland, where they did just above nothing in terms of surrounding him with talent, and now he's on a team that's LOADED, and they're looking FIERCE. Lost some games they should have won in the regular season, but hell, it's 82 games. Beating us on Christmas doesn't mean anything in the playoffs, and neither does losing to the Cavs.

But this means something, and looking at both rounds so far, the Heat are playing the best in the Eastern Conference, and the Mavs are playing the best in the Western Conference.

In the time it would take him to presumably win 2 or 3 titles, he would be ALL OVER the all time major offensive stats, top 5 in this category, top 10 in that category, top 3 in something.

Yes, he definitely has a legit shot at becoming the best SF ever. He's on the path, just like others have been, like Nique and Hill. Maybe 10 years from now, we'll be talking about what could have been, just like we do with Nique and Hill. But he's on the path.

knightngale:
Xtapolapacetl:
No he does not.
Yes he does. Doesn't mean it WILL happen, like it's a guarantee, just change all the history books right now. But he definitely has a shot.

He was in Cleveland, where they did just above nothing in terms of surrounding him with talent, and now he's on a team that's LOADED, and they're looking FIERCE. Lost some games they should have won in the regular season, but hell, it's 82 games. Beating us on Christmas doesn't mean anything in the playoffs, and neither does losing to the Cavs.

But this means something, and looking at both rounds so far, the Heat are playing the best in the Eastern Conference, and the Mavs are playing the best in the Western Conference.

In the time it would take him to presumably win 2 or 3 titles, he would be ALL OVER the all time major offensive stats, top 5 in this category, top 10 in that category, top 3 in something.

Yes, he definitely has a legit shot at becoming the best SF ever. He's on the path, just like others have been, like Nique and Hill. Maybe 10 years from now, we'll be talking about what could have been, just like we do with Nique and Hill. But he's on the path.

laugh.gif

Wasn't looking to target you actually. Just continuing off of your thoughts that you brought up - sorry for the mix-up.

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

Would you still be rooting for the Heat if Lebron was a Laker?

Would you still rooting for LeBron?

I'd still root for Lebron because Kobe's day are numbered. I want the Lakers to win, simple as that.

BINGO!!!
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Back
Top Bottom